TWENTY THREE: SEE YOU SOON

Chapter Twenty Three: See you soon
"I will be king."

•

"Turn around, look at what you see!"

Max and Eve sang loudly in the living room as they packed away some of the last things belonging to the Byers. The two had been tormenting poor dusty bun ever since finding out the only way to get a code was for dusty bun to sing with Suzie pooh.

"In her face, the mirror of your dreams! Rhymes that keep their secrets, will unfold behind the clouds!"

"Wait, did we get that verse right? It's 'unfold behind the clouds?'" Max asked Dustin, who was staring at her with a completely unamused look.

"Yeah," he answered, "but you're butchering it, so could you please stop?"

"Ouch!" Eve gasp, grabbing her heart, "dusty bun!"

"Join in, dusty bun!" Max continued as Eve packed an empty picture frame away.

"You guys are so funny, you should be on Carson," Dustin said with a straight face, looking like he wanted and craved death.

"Can't we just hear your rendition?" Max asked the boy. Who instantly replied with a sharp, "no."

"Please, just one verse?" Max begged.

"No! No, it's reserved for suzie's ears, and Suzie's ears alone!" Dustin snapped at them, making Eve Turn her head.

"You really love her, huh?" Eve spoke softly, a small smile on her face, "I'm glad you got over that crush on me."

Dustin's eyes went wide as his face went red, "w-what? I didn't have a crush on you."

"Yeah, you did," Eve laughed, watching his face turn into a tomato, "you'd weirdly stare at me, like, every day."

"Uh, I, hm," Dustin said. Max laughed at his face before staring to sing.

"Turn around..."

Eve smirked at her girlfriend, "look at what you see!"

Dustin put the finger up at the girl's, as they continued to sing the song that would be remembered by them forever.

-

The time had come, the boxes were in the moving van, the house was packed up, and everyone was standing outside saying their goodbyes.