Chapter 34

"You... you fucking little shit!" Are the first words that come out of Liam's fathers mouth, making us both jump in fright, shock, whatever you want to call it. I'm going with shock and I am frozen in place, half naked might I add, which is humiliating and embarrassing. "You knew...  didn't you? I've put up with a lot of shit from you over the years but this is too much!" He carries on saying, slurring his words, standing unsteadily in the hallway, leaning on the doorframe for support. Unlike me, Liam's quick reflexes help me, by covering me up with the bed sheets and then focusing back on his father. "I don't know what you're talking about?"  He yells back in panic but it had a hint of attitude, which I thought he wouldn't use, knowing how he's father could get. "Don't take that fucking tone with me BOY! You knew she was back and you didn't tell me!" "What? No!... I mean yeah, I saw her... briefly... but she didn't see me and I didn't see the point in telling you! I knew you would get like this!" "You expect me to believe more of your bullshit? Do you have any idea how humiliated I was when she ambushed me, saying that you two had a nice catch up?"  His father yells again, only louder. He is angry, but his anger is not aggressive like last time at his office and it has me puzzled. I thought of him as a incredibly scary parent, or at least I was lead to believe that. What the hell is going on?

"Look, dad I swear, I didn't talk to her, nor do I want to! Can we not do this here? Please?" Liam begs and I can only assume it's because he doesn't want me to witness any of this."Where and when did you see her?" His father asked, well more like demanded to know, while ignoring his request. "Can we 'please' talk about this downstairs?" Liam begs again but he sounded more desperate this time. Is it really that bad me being here? Is he embarrassed of me or something else? "Fine! send your little tramp home and then come downstairs, we need a long chat you and I!" The authority in his tone was no joke and even I could tell he meant business, but calling me tramp was unnecessary considering that he doesn't really know me, well he does but only as a student attending his school and also how was I supposed to go home at this late hour with no phone?

"She's not a fucking tramp, she's my girlfriend and I'm not sending her home in the middle of the night, It's dangerous! She can stay up here in my room while we talk in the living room" Liam bites back, surprising me again on multiple accounts, one, as I thought he was afraid of him and two, being moved by his words. He called me his girlfriend in front of his father and my heart skipped a beat, filling me with butterflies in my stomach. I know the timing is off, but I couldn't help but feel that way. I could feel the flush building in my cheeks and I had to mentally slap my self and snap out of it. "Young lady, whoever you are, I'd appreciate it if you stayed here in this room as me and my son have much to talk about and it's private family affairs!" He stated, this time not slurring even one single word, as if he instantly sobered up. Does that even happen? Can people suddenly sober up and sound so clear in an instant? Beats me, but that's what seems to be happening here. I'm worried and afraid, but I respectfully answer with a,"Yes sir and sorry for the intrusion!"

I said this while peeking my head out from under the sheets, using my stupid routine in school formal tone for authority figures. It's stupid I know, but I guess it's just a habit for me. "Well at least this young lady knows some manners, unlike some of your friends. I'll see you downstairs in five" Mr Moore says addressing Liam in a calmer tone, never once looking my way and leaving us alone, stomping clumsily through the hallway, down the stairs. I guess he hasn't sobered up that quick like I originally thought. The moment his father was out of sight, he turned to face me. "Nichole I need you to stay up here and please don't come downstairs under no circumstances!" He instructs me with a dead serious look on his face.

"Okay, but will you be alright?" I ask worriedly in a small voice. "I'll be fine, I just need you to stay here, okay?" I nod reluctantly, as I get a brief flashback of what happened in his dads office. "I mean it Nichole! I need to know that you will stay here no matter what!"  He asked again as if he could read me like an open book. I didn't like his request, but I nod all the same, trying to be respectful towards them both and their privacy. "Good. I'll be back soon" and with that, he gives me a small kiss on the forehead, bangs on his jeans, with no underwear and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.