Boggarts

A couple days had passed since the events that took place at the Slugslub party. Katherine had completely shut Tom out, not even looking in his direction but that didn't stop Tom. Every chance he got, he would try to talk to Katherine but she wouldn't hear it. Abraxas had heard the news of their breakup and was all over her and Ophelia was doing whatever Ophelia does.

Katherine woke up early, everyone in the dorm was still asleep. She got dressed in her Slytherin uniform and robe and put on a pair of black maryjanes. She tied her hair back into a ponytail. Ophelia was now awake.

"Good morning!" She chimed with a smile.

Katherine sighed " good morning Ophelia."

Ophelia's smile faltered " whatever Tom did to you made you different."

"What do you mean?" Katherine asked, confused.

"You look the same but you're not as happy as you used to be, not as fun. Tom's an arse!" She explained.

Katherine laughed at her comment about Tom. " yeah, I know."

A evil grin appeared on Ophelia's face "you know... The best thing for a breakup is revenge."

Katherine liked the idea but decided against it... For now. " maybe when my moods better."

"Don't worry, I'll be waiting in the shadows for your arrival" she said and then chuckled evilly.

Katherine rolled her eyes and grabbed Ophelia's arm " lets get to class" she said then lead them out.

They walked down the empty hallway, it was still pretty early. Foots steps sounded from behind them, it was Tom.

"You get to class Katherine, I'm going to talk some sense into this boy." Ophelia said, clenching her fists.

"What no! He might hurt you." Katherine said.

Ophelia smirked " he would never hurt your best friend. Now go!"

Katherine walked away from Ophelia but heard a couple things as she walked.

"Oi, you arse! Stop being such an arse and leave Katherine alone you arse!"

Katherine laughed a little as she entered the class. The room was empty, no chairs or desks. The only thing that in the room was a wardrobe.

A couple minutes passed and Ophelia made her way back into the room, smiling with satisfaction.

"What happened?" Katherine asked.

"I called him an arse at least 20 times, threw more insults, stomped on his foot and then left." She explained.

"And he didnt do anything?" Asked Katherine.

"I told you. He can't hurt your best friend. IM INVINSIBLE!" She smirked.

Tom then made his way into the room, his face red with anger. He looked over at Katherine, she kept her head down and her eyes on the floor. Tom then glared at Ophelia who was smirking.

An idea hit Ophelia in the head. "hey,Katherine? Don't you think Abraxas is SOOO hot?"

Katherine's eyes widened, she knew what Ophelia was doing. " I guess." She said, playing along.

" I think he likes you. Maybe you two should go out. It's time to get over that arse of a boyfriend you called Tom." She giggled. Ophelia glances over at Tom, he was clenching his first and hid knuckles were turning white.

The professor walked into the room "oh! Good morning, a couple of early birds how wonderful!"

A couple minutes later the rest of the students piled into the class, including Abraxas. He smiled at Katherine and made his way over to her.

"Good morning" he said.

Katherine smiled back " morning" she replied.

The professor started his lesson " now that the class is here, we shall start. I know you all are wondering what this is" he said pointing at the wardrobe.

"I'm pretty sure it's a wardrobe" said one of the students.

"Ah! Not just any wardrobe, this wardrobe contains a boggart. Today we will be facing our greatest fears. Boggarts are creatures that can take the shape of your biggest fear but do not worry, it is completely safe. The spell we will be practicing today is ridiculus. Say it with me." The professor instructed.

" ridiculus" the class said in union.

"This class in ridiculus" joked Abraxas, earning a laugh from Katherine.

"Very good, now get in a line!" The professor said. Everyone got into a single filed line. "When I open this wardrobe, you must cast the spell."

The first student in line stepped up, it was a girl. The professor opened the wardrobe and out stepped a gigantic black widow. "Ridiculus!" She screamed and roller skates appeared on the spiders feet. The class erupted into laughter.

The next person stepped up, a boy. The boggart transformed into a giant snake and the boy froze for a couple seconds. "Ridiculus!" He shouted and the snake turned into a jack in the box.

Ophelia was next and the boggart transformed into a bulldog wearing a suit that spoke with a German accent.

"Elo! Elo! Elo!" It spoke. Ophelia screamed and the entire class looked at her as if she was mental. The professor even looked a bit worried for her. "Ridiculus!" She shouted and the dog turned into a plush toy.

Next was Abraxas, the boggart transformed into a wearwolf. "Ridiculus!" He shouted and a dress and a wig appeared on the wolf.

It was Katherine's turn. The boggart transformed into her worst fear, Voldemort. The class looked at her normally, they thought that is was a character from a horror film or a book. "Ridiculus!" Katherine shouted. Voldemort turned into a baby snake.

Katherine stood there taking deep breaths "I need some air" she said and left the room. She speed walked outside, someone called her name but she didnt stop, she knew it was Tom. She was forced to stop when he grabbed her arm.

"Let go!" Katherine demanded but Tom's grip tightened.

" that was HIM back there, wasn't it?The man you're so afraid of." He asked.

She nodded.

"Why are you so afraid?" He asked.

Tears welled up in her eyes" he killed my sister."

Tom loosened his grip " I'm sorry for lying to you Katherine. I just wanted to know more i wanted some answers. I want to know who he is." He explained, sadness in his eyes.

Katherine looked up at him " I told you I would tell you when the time was right."

" I know but if you haven't already figured it out, I am very impatient" He smiled. " forgive me?"

Katherine smiled back " I can't stay mad at you forever but ill only forgive you if you PROMISE never to look into Horcruxes again or attempt to make one."

"I promise."he said without hesitation.

"Then I forgive you." She said and kissed him and then hugged him. "I'm sorry for the whole arse thing with Ophelia." Katherine said laughing.

Tom laughed "it's alright but is she? What's up with the German dog?" He asked.

"Who knows what goes on in that head of hers." She replied. Katherine tried pulling out of the hug but Tom pulled her back in.

"I just got you back, I'm not letting go jut yet." He smirked.