45. Flashback.

The Point of View of Tasheka Simmons.

"I need to make some money." I took a deep breath in.

I was currently sitting in the park with my best friend watching her roll a spliff, the sun was setting and the music from across the street spilled over into our conversation. I stared at the girl that I've been best friends with for over 5 years, she meant a lot to me and I needed to make sure that I was well off so I could take care of her; always.

"Is there a market for dyke escorts in the Caribbean? Mi wah sell some fuck." I huffed.

"You'd get tired of that real quick." Faith laughed as she licked the rolling paper to finish off the spliff.

"No! I'd never get tired of making money." I hopped off the wall I was sitting on and stood in front of her grabbing her by the knees.

"It all adds up, every fucking thing I've endured since my eyes have opened, since my mind grasped the concept of reality, it's all preparing me for the trials I have to go through to get rich. I NEED TO BE RICH!" I drummed on her knees before stepping back from her attacking boot.

"You're so melodramatic." Faith rolled her eyes and started on another spliff.

"Maybe it's the brownie but I'm serious!" I took my hat off and stared at her, "describe my looks." I demanded.

"Well, you're beautiful but I don't mean on the outside alone, I also mean on the inside. Maybe it's because I've known you for so long because everyone else thinks you're a shallow bitch." She snickered before actually looking up at me.

"You're a soul filled with intricacy, beauty and strength with a mind drowning in creativity and don't forget how lazy you are and you use imperfection as an excuse to procrastinate. All you need is someone willing to pull you in the right direction and I don't mean like a mom or a tutor, as a matter of fact you don't need anyone. You only need a book where you can write down plans and those you'll follow to the T until your last breath." Faith pushed her glasses to its rightful place.

"You mean all that?" I got emotional.

"Of course I do, you're my best friend and I've been around long enough to see people come and go out of your life. They never stay long enough to really understand you or more like you never keep them around long enough." She chuckled.

"Maybe it's because you're the only one that really understands me, you get me and I get you." I stretched my arms wide to pull her in for a hug.

"Don't touch me! Yuh nuh see say mi have weed ina my lap." She hissed her teeth, "yuh shoulda make it drop."

I rolled my eyes and went to sit back on the wall beside her, Mya was supposed to be here soon and I had a feeling that Faith didn't really like her. I could understand why though, she cheated, she lied and she always had some weird ass excuses and stories. My best friend didn't like to see me cry but she stood by my side until I was ready to let go and currently, I wasn't. I lit the half burnt spliff I had tucked away behind my ear and took a long drag, I looked over at her profile and she was beautiful. Her faux locs were caught in a low bun, and her jawline was smooth and perfect. I was very possessive of her and who she spent her time with, I had to meet all of her potential girlfriends even though she was more interested in just fucking them so they came and went more quickly than I could keep up.

I heard Faith hissed her teeth, "a weh da annoying gyal ya a go."

I looked up in the direction she was looking and saw Mya and her friend, I laughed out. Faith didn't like the girl she hung out with, her voice and personality annoyed her and what made it even worst was that she found my best friend attractive.