Chapter 26: Lilies II

"Our happiness was a lily and your smile was a rose...but sadly,it is a universal truth that all flowers wilt over time."

                               -Anonymous

"This is only the beginning."

Jungkook's voice broke the silence that surrounded all of you, his dark brown eyes scanning over the room as he took a sip of his hot tea.

After your conversation with Jin, you went back to the young Emperor and talked with him until he fell asleep. He slept for a long time...almost four hours.

But, you didn't mind. You knew that he had been through a lot and he deserved to rest a bit.

When he woke up, you told Jin that it was okay if he sat in while you and Hoseok began to find out more about Jungkook's father...and what exactly his end game was.

"The beginning?" Hoseok repeated. "The beginning of what?"

Jungkook's expression fell slightly, his body tensing and eyes softening as he turned to look at you.

"My father is an evil man." He stated. "Even when he was alive he was.."

He cut himself off, allowing his sentence to trail off as he moved his gaze to the small cup in his hands.

"I killed him." He continued. "I made sure that he didn't hurt anyone ever again...and because of that..he haunts me. He's haunted me since the day I killed him."

You nodded your head.

You had already assumed that he had played some part in his father's death, considering what Hoseok and Jin had told you about the "rules of seeing dead people"...so you weren't exactly surprised when he told you this.

"It's okay, Jungkook." You comforted. "He was a bad man...You have nothing to feel sorry for."

He gave you a gracious look, a sad smile raising to his lips.

"You said that this was just the beginning," Hoseok said fro the other side of the room. "What did you mean by that?"

A heavy sigh left Jungkook's lips, his hand running through his hair.

"He has...bigger plans." He stated, glancing at you.

You noticed Jin tensing up from the corner of your eye, his ghostly form growing stiff.

"What kind of plans?' Hoseok questioned, taking a step forwards.

"He...He wants to build an army." Jungkook stuttered. "He wants to build an army...of spirits."

You swallowed hard as you took in his words, eyes instantly shooting over to Jin who was already staring at you with a worried gaze.

"How does he plan to do that?" You asked quietly. 

You watched as the Emperor bit his lip, squeezing his eyes shut...

He was hesitating.

And you could tell.

"By making you submit to him." He blurted, eyes still closed.

Hoseok instantly frowned in confusion, glancing between you and Jin.

"He thought" Jungkook continued. "That if he could break you...break you in a way that would ruin your purity...that he could force you to submit to him and obey his every order..."

You heard Jin let out a quiet gasp.

"That's right." He began softly. "The Oracle has the ability to manipulate spirits..."