31. Sneak

thanks for the birthday wishes!! I said I wasn't gonna update but I already had one done lol

I know y'all probably don't want an Eden story arc, but I uhh..wrote one. He won't be the focus of the story, I promise. I just want more substance for him.

Adonis»

It was late at night, and I was trying to force myself to sleep. However, the sound of my mom and Micah arguing downstairs was preventing that.

"You don't trust me Micah?!?"

"It's hard when you have so many secrets! Sade if he calls you every night when we're in bed what can I assume?!"

"I'm not arguing with you! Go home!"

They yelled some more, before I heard the door slam.

Man I hope they're done.

I heard footsteps come up the stairs, and suddenly my door opened.

"Adonis, we didn't wake you, did we?"

"I never went to sleep."

"Oh..I'm sorry. Listen..I'm gonna be gone for a few days, if you need to go somewhere..tell Eden to take you in his car. I'm gonna do some laundry before I go though, you need some stuff washed?"

"Nah..I got it."

"I'm already here." She said, turning on my light. "What about that towel-"

"No. I got it."

"You've been acting like your brother lately. I'll leave it alone. I'll be gone in the morning, so tell me if you need something now, okay?"

"I don't."

"Alright. No one allowed in this house, you understand Adonis?"

Yeah..okay.

"Alright mom."

"Speaking of your brother..it's getting late. Have you heard from him?"

"No, maybe he's staying out." I shrugged.

"Yeah, maybe."

-

Eden

"I need to get home...your mom will be here soon."

"Just five more minutes." Adam said sitting up.

We'd been laying on his couch watching movies for hours, but his mom was getting off work soon..meaning I needed to go.

"Adam, seriously. I can call you when I get home..I just can't stay. I'm worried."

"Fine. Just one more thing...I didn't want to tell you earlier, cause I was worried it would fuck up our day."

"What is it?"

"Don't hate me Eden, please. I know you told me not to..but...I told my mom."

"You told her you're..." my voice trailed off, but he knew what I meant. He nodded his head yes. "So you're out. Cool."

"I'm not just out..I told her we're together."

A million things rushed to my mind, and without thinking, I shoved Adam as hard as I could.

"The fuck?!" I yelled.

"Eden I-"

"Do you realize you outed me, Adam?! She thought we were friends! And we kept it that way for a reason you asshole! Did you forget your mom and my mom know each other?! Do you not realize that??"