f o r t y e i g h t

FOR THE NEXT two hours, I felt like a piece of meat being sold at an auction for the rich and wealthy

FOR THE NEXT two hours, I felt like a piece of meat being sold at an auction for the rich and wealthy. Every where we went my father would stop and talk to people and introduce me to them. Not once was my place of education mentioned but I wasn't expecting any less. I mean, to anyone normal it sounded like I was fucking crazy—which would not be entirely false—and that I had to be locked up. So I don't really blame him for keeping that part of the equation out. 

I learnt that my father loved to blur the lines between the truth and the not so truth. 

I had only seen Chase a few times when we passed the bar and Nancy the cheeto lady was still there. Chase would pass me a very disgruntled glare and all I could do was giggle at him before moving onto the next rich people my father wanted to introduce me to. 

There was an extensive amount of people on this boat. They ranged from small social influencers to CEO of multi-billion dollar companies. It was quite intimidating, especially when they suddenly boast about their net worth half way through conversations about painting or even just something mundane like apples.

 I also learnt that rich people love telling you how rich they are. 

My father had finally left me but only to talk to someone else. He also left me standing by a small bar table across from Zachary, a guy I didn't even know existed until tonight. He was one of the many social influencer aboard this boat and he was also a massive asshole. All he could talk about was his damn instagram page.

"Yeah, I only have five-hundred thousand followers but that's close to a million." He boats as he leans back against the wall with folded arms. His suit jacket looked uncomfortably tight around his bulging biceps, "It's usually just fitness videos that I post, y'know, showing off my killer abs and biceps." 

I glance down at the half-drunken glass of champagne in my hand, "Yeah, as you've said about ten times in the past five minutes." 

"Your father did say you were a feisty one." Zachary replies in an intrigued tone. As I glance up at him my gaze drifts over his shoulder, through the gap between the crowd and to the bar on the other side of the room. I could see Chase and Nancy sitting extremely close, with Nancy super-model like legs—still orange nonetheless—pressed up against Chase's as she whispers into his ear. "He also said you're a swimmer, right? I like my woman more athletic." 

"Yeah...I am..." I reply slowly as all voices drone on in the background. I watch as both Chase and Nancy laugh at whatever the hell she had just said. Oh come on Everett, it can't be that fucking funny.

 He leans forward, "Can I see you in your swimsuit?" 

"Sure...." I mumble as my eyes lock with Nancy or Nadia or whatever her bitchass name was. She smiles at me before she leans forward once more and whispers into Chase's ear to which he replies with another laugh.