Chapter 1: Unwanted, yet needed

NOBODY'S POV

One night, a woman takes a shortcut through an alleyway to get home quicker, unaware that she's being followed. After a little while of walking, the woman is grabbed and pushed against the wall, a knife against her throat. She looks at the hooded thug in fear as he take her purse. Punching her in the gut, she falls down and the thug starts to run away... but then a chain wraps around his leg, causing him to trip.

He looks back, and sees the chain is attached to...something. Someone. Said someone yanks the chain, pulling the thug back into the alley. He gets up, and tries to stab the mystery person, but they dodge last second, getting slashed across the cheek, and they punch the thug in the gut, causing him to stumble backwards.

The thug tries to go for another stab but their wrist is caught by the mysterious person, who then punches the persons elbow in the side, breaking their arm. The person then wraps the chain around their hand and forearm, basically making their arm a hammer. The thug opens his mouth, and spits small balls of lava at the person, who uses his chain wrapped arm to defend himself, deflecting and blocking the spitballs. The thug, lips burnt, starts to run away again, but he doesn't get far.

The mystery person jumps onto a dumpster, launching himself over the thug. When they land, they deliver a powerful backhand across the thugs face. Taking the purse from the thug, the mystery person then walked over to the lady, sitting in the corner. Tossing it onto her lap, she look over expecting to see some sort of hero, but instead... she saw (Y/N) Rowe. A vigilante. Getting up, she started to run away, scared of the vigilante from what he's reportedly done.

(Y/N) POV

(Y/N): "Heh...Another one runs away. Oh yeah, it's not like I just returned your stolen purse, no sir. I'm just the big bad vigilante who's clearly doing crime stuff by sticking my neck out for others and not getting paid for it...I don't even have a quirk and I'm still being hunted by the cops..."

I mumble to myself as I start to spray paint the alley wall, the thug tied up and unconscious next to me. I paint my logo on the wall, letting the cops know that I'm the one who saved the lady and caught the thug, not some 'hero'.

 I paint my logo on the wall, letting the cops know that I'm the one who saved the lady and caught the thug, not some 'hero'

Checking his pockets for some ID or cash, I pull out the lady's phone.

(Y/N): "Stole this too, huh? Well...least I can call the cops this time."

Dialing 911, I look out of the alleyway to see where I am.

"911, what's your emergency?"

(Y/N): "This is the vigilante that people call 'Smoking gun'. I'm at (EXAMPLE STREET NAME) in an alley nearby. Caught a thug trying to mug a woman. Turns out they stole her phone too. Get some cops over here."

With that, I hung up, and started to climb up the building. Reaching the top, I took a deep breath, and started to run from the scene. In the distance I could here sirens, and they were approaching fast. Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, I managed to (just barely) evade the cops. Diving down into another alley and wiping the blood off of my face, I decided to play it cool. Since the cops and 'heroes' don't know what I look like, at least...I think they don't, I should be able to...