05. miss manager

So it's been a while. Listen y'all, Miss Rona had me messed up for a while and I took a break from writing because I felt like what I was doing wasn't good enough to post. But we're back and better than ever, I would never just forget about Isaiah and Amour. They're my babies.

But anyway, how have y'all been dealing with quarantine? Is your state opening up?

Also, I've been trying to upload my gifs like in Oakland but Watpad is being a bitch and giving all kinds of errors and trouble. I got y'all though just wait.

"Come and meet me with the lights low, where it's just me and you..."

***

"Don't you think it feels to slow?" 

Finnick drew his brows together as he placed a hand on his chin. "I dunno, what kinda vibe are ya goin' for?" he asks.

"Something different, I guess," I tell him, strumming a few strings on my guitar. "Does It Feel Like Falling was a more of something to vibe to, I don't want this one to sound the same." 

"Sing it again," Finn instructs. "I needa hear it one more time."

I began strumming the chords on my guitar. The tune was soft and repeated throughout the song without too many switch-ups. "Come and meet me with the lights low, where it's just me and you," I sing quietly. 

I know, another love song. I can't help it, I have good subject material. Whenever I can't find inspiration to write lyrics my mind always goes back to Isaiah. It's like my safe place, it's almost easy to write about my feelings for him since it comes to me so naturally. 

"Boy, I'll take you to the night show, give you a front-row view. Baby don't say no no no no...do do do do do," I mumble the last part, there was still bits and pieces to the song I haven't finished yet. "And then it'll go into the hook, the whole work the middle thing." 

"What if we turned it into somethin' that'll make people get up and dance?" Finn throws in. 

I raise a brow. "That actually sounds like a good idea," I say smiling. "It doesn't have to be a super long song, the hook could honestly be most of it."

"Have you finished that part of the lyrics yet? I can start messin' around with some sounds while ya work on it." he offers. "I'm thinkin' somethin' like this..."

Finn turns around in his chair so he was facing the little production set up we had. When we first moved in together we decided to turn the spare bedroom into an at-home studio. We combined the things we brought from home with a few new items here and there and we ended up with a set up that works super well.