41. Mind Racing

Everly

It feels like my whole world is crashing once again. Unlike last time everything is happening so slowly. First Taylor is standing in front of me with a smirk on her face and of course no one wants to answer me as to where Cohen is.

Isn't Taylor supposed to be in New York right now? I know Cohen is there since I just heard the reporters on the tv. The headlines did say they were together so she should know where he is. How did she know I was here? And where is here?

All this thinking is making my head hurt.

"It's all done. I took care of it, no one knows anything." I hear her murmur as she faces Kyle.

What the hell does that mean? It's taken care of? What the hell is going on?

"Good. That's good. So no one followed you here right? I can't have anyone finding us." He counters back.

She shifts her weight on to her left hip and adjust her designer bag. "No one followed me, I made sure I was careful. So when do I get it?"

What in the world are they talking about? Get what exactly?

"You'll get it as soon as we make it out of here tonight. I have to make sure you didn't make any errors before I transfer it." He says pointing his chin in my direction. I lean forward as if that will help me figure out what they are talking about so cryptically.

"I told you Kyle! No one knows anything. Everyone thinks Cohen and I are together and that she's no longer in the picture. He agreed to telling the press it was true so now you don't have to worry about anyone being on her back anymore. So give me my damn money for helping you so I can leave!" She spits back at him.

I knew I couldn't trust her. She's been working with Kyle this whole time. How long have they been planning this? What does Kyle mean go somewhere tonight? He's kidnapping me again! I'm not even sure my whole mind can wrap around what's going on right now.

Before I can even think about the rest of what they are talking about I see Kyle step closer to Taylor. He looks deadly with his jaw clenched, stalking towards her more as she moves back towards the hotel door.

"You don't tell me what to fucking do Taylor! Remember you came to me to help! You need my help I don't need yours! So if I were you I would shut your fucking mouth!" He growls at her pushing her closer against the door.

"But if it wasn't for me the god damn paparazzi would be all over her. You needed me so give me my damn money!" She pushes her finger into his chest to make her point but that was the wrong move. So very wrong.

All in one motion Kyle grabs Taylor pulling her towards the floor. He wraps his large hand around her neck and I can see she's struggling to gasp for air. Only a few minutes that feel like a lifetime go by and Taylors body goes limp. I want to scream but the look in Kyle's eyes cut the gurgle struggling in my throat. This is not the man I once knew and was in love with it. He would have never hurt anyone. I mean I never liked Taylor but I'd never want this. I'd never want her lying on the floor either passed out or worse. I don't even want to think that. From where I'm sitting on the bed I can't see her face or see if she's breathing. The only part of her I see is her stiletto heels and her long tanned legs before the rest of her disappears behind the table that Kyle sat his Chinese to go box on earlier.

"Fuckin Bitch. I knew she'd just get in my way." Kyle sputters out as he stands up from her body. I flinch back hearing his words. My heart is beating so fast and I can feel myself starting to shake.

"Awe Ev, fuck, I wish you didn't see that baby. I'm so sorry I just couldn't have her messing this up for us." He moves closer to the end of the bed. I want to move further away but my body feels like a boulder is sitting on me and I can't move anything. I keep my eyes strained on his every movement.