The flea and the acrobat (part 3)

^art above is not mine if you know who's it is please tell me so I can give credit where it is due :) ^

We began our search in the areas we knew the monster had been. We started by where Wills bike had been slowly moving to where Steve's house was. We stumbled across a deer that had clearly been hit by a car. I could tell it was in so much pain.

What should we do? I ask

I think we would put it out of its misery we shouldn't leave it to suffer Jonathan said. We all just sort of silently agreed Nancy put up the gun she hesitated in pulling its trigger.

Let me... you shouldn't have to do this Jonathan said taking it form her gently. He aimed and looked away. Turns out he would not have to pull its trigger because it was dragged into the shadowed trees. Jonathan jumped back a little and Nancy gave a small scream quickly putting her hand over her mouth I grabbed on to Jonathan's arm in fear.

We went deeper into the woods looking for what ever dragged off the deer. We split up- Jonathan going off by himself with the gun and me and Nancy staying together (I was sort of a weapon anyway). As we walked I could feel Nancy getting closer to me I eventually grabbed on to her hand to ease her nerves.

Then we found something a small portal like thing in a tree. Me and Nancy went in I went first then Nancy followed. Me and Nancy looked around in the cold dark world we have found ourself in before we saw it the monster that had taken the people we loved.

We ran like hell back to the tree and hid behind it the monster had heard us running it stocked around the tree the air was hard to breath and the the cold was making my body feel slightly numb. It got very quiet not even the monsters steps were heard just me and Nancys attempts at quite breaths.

The monster jumped out from behind the tree trying to grab us I forced Nancy back through the portal in the tree I didn't need her getting caught by this thing.

(Y/n)? (Y/n)! Jonathan frantically called out. I ignored him and used my powers on the monster. I tried to used water but I just made it mad. I tried to used the trees to trap it but the trees didn't want to move. So I used fire I lit the grass by its feet it ran away from me.

I slipped thought the portal as fast as I could when I reached the other side it shut. Jonathan grabbed me and held me so tight as if I wasn't really there.

Don't ever do that again!

I'm sorry I wanted to protect Nancy

Thanks for that by the way

I walked over to Nancy and gave her a hug I pulled away and looked for any cuts or scrapes she seemed ok.

Can we go back to my place? I don't want to be alone tonight... Nancy said

~time skip~

After both me and Nancy had a shower to get the slime off of us Nancy let me borrow some clothes to sleep in. Me and Jonathan took a spot on the ground. Can you guys come up here? Nancy asked. Jonathan got on her left side and I got on her right I moved close to her. It was an unspoken thing but we where all thinking it- we where now the closest people we had. We all had an uneasy but restful night