Episode 31

Jake pulls up in the school parking lot and stops the car, smiling over at Scarlett. "What?" She asks while smiling back at him suspiciously.

Jake smirks and shakes his head. "Nothing, nothing."

"No, it's something. You're smiling at me weird. What's on you mind?"

"How do you know something's on my mind?"

"Well, you get that look when you have something you want to tell me."

He turns in his seat and smiles over at her. "Oh, so you think you know the meaning behind my looks, do you?"

"You tell me, is there something you want to talk to me about?"

He nods with a small smirk.

"Knew it!" She holds her hands out to the side with a smug smile. "I'm just amazing like that." She snickers at her jokingly smug behavior.

He laughs at her fake smug behavior. "Yes, yes you are, and that's actually what I wanted to tell you."

She raises her eyebrow in curiosity. "That I'm amazing?"

He smiles and leans towards her. "I really like you, Scarlett Westerly."

She leans forward. "I really like you too, Jake Cameron."

Jake smiles and puts a hand on the side of her face before leaning in to give her a kiss. Just seconds after their lips touch, a loud crack of thunder causes them to jump back in fright. She looks out of the windshield with obvious worry. That feeling that something big was about to happen just got bigger as the night went on. 

~~~ 

Taylor walks into the dance with Nick about fifteen minutes after Jake and Scarlett.

Nick's face immediately scrunches in disapproval when he hears the music.

Taylor looks over at Nick and chuckles at his strange facial expression. "What's with you?"

"I hate this song."

She smiles and pulls him onto the dance floor. "Well, you're just going to have to suffer through because I happen to love this song."

Nick smiles and begins dancing with Taylor to the face paced song.

~~~

"Ready? One...two...three." Chelsea quickly opens her car door and makes a mad dash to the entrance of the dance with Nicole right behind her. She groans and makes a fuss when they get to the entrance of the dance. "Stupid rain! I look like I just went for a run through the sprinklers!"

Nicole rolls her eyes at Chelsea and begins wiping her dress. "Well, maybe we would have beat the rain if you didn't have to spend almost an hour applying five different kinds of mascara."

She gives Nicole a glare before walking past her into the gym where the dance is being held. Her eyes wander over the gym, searching for someone in particular. Her eyes slant in anger when she sees Nick and Taylor dancing at the other end of the room. Her jaw clenches as she turns and walking straight towards the Fall Ball King and Queen ballot table. She walks up to the girl in charge of the ballot table and immediately puts on a large fake smile. "Hey girl!"

The girl gives Chelsea a similar fake smile. "Hi Chelsea."

Chelsea keeps up the fake smile, hoping for a favor. "So, any chance you could let me in on who's winning the ballot for Queen this year?"

"You know I can't do that Chelsea. I will collect all the votes at the end of the night and tally the winner."

Chelsea lets out an irritated sigh before standing up straight and giving the girl a look. "Whatever." She begins walking away but smirks and turns back to the girl. "By the way, that dress makes you look like a rotten pumpkin." She sticks her head up and walks back over to Nicole as the girl gasps and glares at Chelsea.