two

"YOU'RE NOT HELPING JOHN"
i groan and sit on my bed. he gets up and grabs a red swimsuit from my closet.

"wear this" he says and smirks

"shut up, i'm not not wearing a swimsuit on a date"

he sits back down and puts his feet on my lap.
"what's so special about this carson guy anyways" he says and bites the strings of his hoodie.

"i don't know, he asked me on a date and i said yes. i'm not the type of person to give in so soon" i say and sigh

"then why did you" he raised his eyebrow

"i guess i wanted a change" i look down

"it's not that hard to figure out what to wear on a date kenz."

"yeah i know it's just-"

never mind it's embarassing

"nothing" i say. johnny sits up straight "no tell me. now i'm curious"

"uh- i don't really know okay forget it"

he grabs my phone from my desk and holds it high up. "tell me or i'm keeping your phone"

"fine"

he puts it down and scoots closer to me.
"johnny please don't tell anyone though because i'm embarrassed about it. i really-"

"yeah yeah now tell me" he puts his hand on my knee

"i've never... been on a date" i admit. for some reason my eyes start to water. i'm just really ashamed of it. especially johnny, who has slept with like 10 people and dates a different girl every week. i care about what johnny thinks about me and this will make me look like a loser.

he notices my watery eyes and says, "hey it's not a big deal. got to say i'm kind of surprised, but it's not that big"

after a couple seconds of silence he says,

"has anyone ever asked you out"

"yeah, a lot of guys actually. but i really want my first date to be with someone i care about and who i like"

i get up and grab a pair of black ripped jeans and a cropped hoodie. good enough

johnny interrogates me about when carson will pick me up, where we are going blah blah blah.
he worries about me way too much for some reason.

"is this what you would want a girl to wear on a date" i ask and lift up my outfit so he can see

"why are you asking me"

"cause you've been with a million girls"

"that doesn't matter kenz. i would want you to wear that because anything looks good on you"

my cheeks heat up. what the hell why are they heating up.

"shut up, and also get out i need to start getting ready"i groan

he gets up and wears his shoes. "and by the way... i haven't gone out with anyone in 2 weeks"

"wow so the player is gone?"

"i-uh i guess"

he opens his arms for a hug and i push him back

"oh come on" he says and frowns. "why can't you just hug me"

i smile and open my door. "text me when you get back" he says

"bye john"

he walks out walking back to his dorm.

⭐️