One

I stare out across the skyline of the city before my eyes travel to the infinite lake below and stop on Navy pier

I stare out across the skyline of the city before my eyes travel to the infinite lake below and stop on Navy pier. I had been in Chicago for five years now and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon...Well, I mean after I get back.

I first came to this city eight years ago, and since then it has always had my heart. The memories, forever stuck in my head.

It's been eight years.

It still feels like yesterday.

I watched him basically die in her arms eight years ago earlier last month. And here I am going back to the place that I've hated since then. I have to though, I need to. What kind of friend would I be if I missed my life long best friends wedding? He'd probably hate me.

That's a lie. Ace could never hate anyone. I'd still be a horrible best man though if I just missed the whole thing.

We were worried with the training schedule that I wouldn't be able to make it, but thankfully we don't start training camps until mid July. I was also able to work it out with the head coaches so I could go to the training facilities in Houston and work drills there. The first two weeks were just conditioning and agility anyway so I would be fine with that aspect of things.

It's definitely safe to say I was nervous fucking wreck. One part of me secretly hoped she would be there, the other prayed that I wouldn't have to see her at all. I just wanted to see how she was doing I guess. I talked to Beck daily, but we mainly stayed clear on the topic of Bailey. I tried to contact her for months after she left. We all did, but the only few she'd talk to were her brothers, Em and her parents. That was it.

I was pissed at the world those first few years. I was beyond pissed actually. But then I learned there was nothing I could do. Jordan wasn't coming back.

Neither was Bails.

"Babe!" Liv snaps me out of my daze "I've been calling you the passed five minutes, can you help me carry my bags down?"

"Are all of these necessary?" I stare at the six giant suitcases that she's packed for the summer. I've been with her a year, and I will never stop questioning how many clothes she actually needs, I mean, aren't three walk in closets enough?

"I mean, you never know, one of them just has jackets and sweatshirts in it" she shrugs

"Liv, we're going to Texas...South Texas...In the summer" I deadpan "The place where a dogs metal food bowl melted after it was left outside too long,"

"Leave me and my suitcases alone" she jokes with a grin before looking down at her finger. More specifically the rock that's been placed on it. "Are we going to tell them?" She asks referring to my family.

I proposed awhile ago. Obviously she said yes or we wouldn't be where we are right now. But we both agreed to keep it more of a secret for a while, only telling people we actually trust. We've been able to keep our relationship out of the press for the most part, and I'm hoping we can continue that. I don't want my whole life broadcasted to the world but I guess that just goes along with the job.