Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"Isn't that... He looked like... Justin?" Audrey hesitated and turned to look at Ethan hoping to confirm her suspicion.

"Who?" Ethan questioned still looking confused.

"Justin! Remember the guy that you fired? We both presented our project proposals to you and you chose my proposal. You were so disappointed at his proposal that you actually fired him. I think he was already working here even before I came to work for you. Why did you fire him?" She reminded him.

"I fired countless people, Audrey." He tried recalling the events that happened almost three years ago but dismissed it.

"Find out about him. I have an important meeting. I expect the report to be done by today!" He simply told his employees and head for the door.

"I'll take my leave as well then, I need to go to my office. Please inform me for any updates." She said walking out together with Ethan. She felt that he was acting differently towards her but decided not to discuss the matter. They went their separate ways.

Audrey went to her office and received numerous calls cancelling their deal with Bouquet Catering. They might heard the news and does not want to take the risk of experiencing the similar situations. She was disappointed and aggrieved at the situation she was in. Thus, she felt the urge to call her grandmother for support.

"Mamie, comment ça va aujourd'hui?" She asked trying to hide her anxiety.

(Grandma, how are you doing today?)

"Mon cher, Je vais bien. Comment va ton travail?" Her grandmother said dearly.

(My dear, I am fine. How's your work going?)

"It's great, there are some problems but we're fixing it, hopefully."

"Tout ira bien dans le temps. La mer n'est pas toujours calme. Et la tempête ne dure pas éternellement." She consoled as if knowing what her granddaughter was going through.

(Everything will be fine in time. The sea is not always calm, and the storm doesn't last forever.)

"Merci beaucoup, Mamie." She thanked her and they continue talking on the phone for another half an hour checking on her health, making sure that she was eating enough and said that she will visit this coming weekend. She hung up the phone feeling more motivated and closed her office.

(Thank you very much, grandma.)

The next day, Audrey decided to cook lunch for Ethan and his employees since she was getting less catering offers and lesser request on the catering services. She cooked pasta with mushroom cream sauce. Making sure of the food quality and packed them into boxes. She wanted to thank Ethan and his employees for helping her with the lawsuit, although they were partly working on their company's behalf. She placed the boxes into the paper bags and drove to Loyd's building together with Carrie. They parked the car, carried the paper bags and informed the receptionist. As they stepped out of the elevator, they could hear muffled yelling from his office. They distributed some of the boxes to the employees present and Audrey waited while Ethan was having a meeting in his office.

After a few minutes, one of his staff came out of his office looking pallid. Audrey knocked on his door gently and opened when he summoned.

"Quick stress relief break? I brought lunch in a box." She teased showing off her perfectly aligned teeth lifting the paper bag filled with lunch boxes.

"Audrey, I didn't know you're here. What are you doing here?" He responded looking more relaxed.

"I'm here to thank you and your staffs for working so hard in dealing with the lawsuit. Furthermore, I'm basically redundant." She added taking out the lunchbox out from the paper bag. He was delighted with her kind gestures and they ate together in his office.