~ Chapter 6 ~

I was back in my home-made Spider-man suit, sitting at the edge of a building. My legs swung in the air back and forth. Beside me, my Calculus textbook was open to page 183 and on my lap sat my notebook that I was now scribbling in the answer to one of the problems. Rather than going 'home' like Mr. Stark requested of me, I decided to work on my homework, but I felt bad for not using this time to be Spider-man, so I compromised. In case anyone needed me, I would be ready to swing over there and kick ass, but while nothing was going on, I would finish my homework.

I already had finished reading a chapter of the assigned book for English, completed my chemistry problems, and now was on my Calculus homework. I was glad I didn't have any tests tomorrow.

I heard a loud laugh but dismissed it quickly. Just some people having fun. No harm in that. I continued with my homework.

"Shut up, Damon, before you drag someone's attention to us!" A voice growled, jerking me from my thoughts of tangent and cotangent graphs. Guess I'll check it out quickly, just to make sure everything's okay. I shoved my notebook and textbook into my backpack before getting up to my feet.

My shoes made no sound on the ground as I got into a crouch and made my way forward to the other side of the building. Peeping down, my eyes caught onto two people, both large, muscular males, lifting white packets wrapped with brown duct tape into the back of a truck. It screamed suspicious.

I swung my legs over the ledge and then started crawling down the wall as carefully as possible. I used the railed balconies as cover, seriously rethinking the bright red and blue of my suit. I should have picked black or something darker. Then again, people associated black with evil, and I wanted to make sure that wasn't the case.

"No one's here, Pierce. You have to learn how to relax a bit." I heard presumingly Damon say.

"But this is a job. Zenon will have our heads if anything goes wrong. You know that," Pierce said, slamming the truck door closed. Damon just waved his hand in annoyance and strode to the right side of the car. He opened the door and sat in the passenger seat. After a moment, Pierce joined him, plopping down into the driver's seat.

Pierce started the engine, and the car rolled out of the alleyway. When it was near me, I let go of the roof and landed on top of the car with a slight thump.

"What was that?" I heard Pierce ask. Even though the windows were closed, my heightened sense of hearing allowed me to listen to their words.

Damon responded, "Probably just a bird or something. Come on. We need to move." The car entered the main road, joining the rest of the cars. If only it were night now so I could be hidden from sight, then people would stop pointing at me and shouting 'Spider-man's on top of a car'. Many took out their phones and snapped a picture of me as we drove down the streets. Pierce and Damon were bound to find out that I was hitching a ride with them.

"What are you going to do with the money?" Pierce turned the blinker on as we turned left, causing me to almost lose my grip.

I could hear the smile in Damon's voice. "There's this real nice new girl Zenon recently got. Her name's Candy. I'll use some of it to spend some time with her."

Pierce sounded disgusted. "Really, Damon?"

"What? What's wrong with that?" He asked, annoyed.

"You know the girls are there against their will."

Damon's voice remained monotone. "So?"

"So? How would you like becoming a sex slave?"

A silence descended onto them. What the hell is this? Where they part of a sex trafficking ring? And the white packets, those had to be drugs. I reached into my pocket, pulling out my phone. Crawling to the end side of the car, I snapped a picture of the licence plate. I put it back into my pocket and pondered what to do next. More and more people were pointing at me, and Pierce and Damon were going to figure out I was here soon. I was just lucky that they hadn't realized I was there yet. What if I could hide in the back with the drugs? Worth a try.

I slowly lowered myself down to the small edge of the car and, while keeping one hand curled around the top of the car, I grabbed the handle with another. Pulling it down, I tried to tug it open, but it stayed shut. I could rip it open easily with my superstrength, but that would make it obvious someone had been here.

My gaze shifted down to the bottom of the car. What if I hid under the car? People won't see me, so I won't be discovered by the two. They also wouldn't know I was here. With that final thought, I decided to do it. I waited until we came to a red light, and while the car stopped, I quickly got off, but then rolled back under the car. The light had already switched from yellow to green, so I gripped onto some parts of the car.

They started driving again, while I was kept busy with using my strength to keep me hanging on. During the drive, I could relax when they approached a stop light, but then had to hold on tighter if they curved. Once they went around a cycle, and my feet dropped, causing the street to scuff my already dirty sneakers. It was starting to become uncomfortable when they finally turned to the left, going over a speed bump that lightly grazed my back, and into a building. I couldn't really see anything besides the floor, but it was enough to give me an idea of where we were. I heard the doors open and Damon and Pierce get out of their car. Pierce was wearing black hiking boots that walked by me and to the back of the car. Damon had brown boots that quickly followed Pierce.

Looking to the back, through the small view I had, I could see that there was another car with a few more people waiting for Pierce and Damon.

Someone said, with a cold, detached voice, "The drugs?"

"All here, to the exact weight you desired," Pierce responded, "And the money?"

"First the bixons," The guy insisted.

Pierce argued, "That's not how Zenon would like it. Sorry. Money, then you get the drugs."

After a moment's pause that caused a chill to race up my spine, Mr. Gruff, obviously a man of many words, barked, "Fine." He must have motioned one of his friends as one of the pairs of shoes came forward and threw a tan bag to the concrete floor. Black boots approached it, opened it, and ruffled through its contents. Satisfied, Pierce took the handle and brought it back with him.

"Go ahead." Pierce gave the okay and two pairs of shoes came towards the back of the car.

Everything was going fine until my phone started ringing, shattering the calm.

Crap.