Take Off

"I understand that I am not understood
So let them hunt for those with no wings
Rock your world
Bright celestial beings
Can be me and you"

-Take off by Wayv

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

I was the last one out of the room. After the scream occurred, I was able to witness the situation without anyone commenting on my presence. Yuta even left without any last flirtatious remarks or teasing comments. I don't know if I felt relieved for this, or disappointed. Sure, his words felt slimy, but there was something about him that gave me a strange feeling that I didn't quite know how to describe. Like he gave my heart whiplash.

Snap out of it. These are dangerous men. The less you interact with them the better. You just have to get through tonight and then you can go home and forget all about NCT.

As I walk out of the room, I catch my image in a nearby mirror, the light in the room was hitting my necklace perfectly, causing it to almost glow spectacularly. I stop to examine the piece of jewelry. Its green color is so vibrant that it almost clashes with the gold theme of my costume.

Maybe I should take it off for the show.

I take off the necklace and take notice of the clasp. The clasp was silver which told me that Jungwoo didn't fixed the clasp but replaced it. Probably with a spare clasp from his extensive jeweler collection.

I look in the mirror at my reflection

My face has changed so much from that night, I guess it's only fair that the necklace changes too, but if the broken necklace could be repaired, then....maybe I could....

I shake the thought from my mind and pour myself a drink from the Madam's personal collection. Whiskey, straight.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Flashback:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"Pretty, isn't it?"

It was three years ago. I had just turned 18. I was living alone on the streets on an expired visa. I had moved to Seoul to study but when my parents passed away in a car accident, I had no one to help me or support me financially. I couldn't even afford the plane ticket to attend their funeral. I had no other relatives besides my older brother, but after their death, he took the inheritance money and disappeared, leaving me nothing but alone.

So here I was dirty from sleeping in alley; hungry from having only thrown away food to eat; tired from running from police; at a sleazy bar getting caught trying to pickpocket a man who I had wrongly assumed would be too drunk to notice.

I was desperate for anything that could buy me food or get me a night in a motel to shower of some of the grime, but instead of money or a wallet, I found a necklace. Well I thought I did until the man caught me.

"Is it not?" The man had grabbed the arm I used to take the necklace, holding me in place, preventing my escape. He was dangling the necklace in front of both our faces. I said nothing and avoided looking at his face.

"What? Do you not think so? If you didn't think that it was pretty, then why would you try to take it?"

I don't respond.