Another World

"The darkness that is risingShake it off and once nmoreMy heart can't seem to stop shakingRight one time, a new sense opens its eyes"

-Another World by NCT127

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"You don't talk much do you?" Lucas said as he watched me no so gracefully scarf down the last of the French fries on my plate.

The burger tasted so amazing. It was the first time I had eaten for two days and I wanted more. The bartender had picked it up from some restaurant and brought it to our table in less than 10 minutes which, I don't know how that's possible since it probably takes longer than that to make a burger let alone drive to get it.

After realizing my messy behavior, I sheepishly looked away from the sharp dressed man sitting in front of me.

"It's okay." Lucas took out a handkerchief and reached over the table to wipe some crumbs off my face.

"Now that I told you my name, would you tell me yours?"

I look up at him and meet his gaze.

"Y/N."

"That's a pretty name, Y/N." He responds as he moves to retrieve something from his pocket.

"So, tell me Y/N," He opens his hand to let the necklace fall only to catch on his ring finger.

"Why on earth were you trying to steal this?"

I can feel tears rising but I force them to stay still.

I can't break down in front of a stranger.

"I-I'm s-sorry I-I,"

"It's okay. Take your time." He encouraged.

I try to take a deep breath but it faulters.

"I didn't know what else to do. I have no money and no one to ask for help from so I thought-"

He cuts me off.

"So, you thought you'd steal this necklace and what? Pawn it off to make a quick buck?"

"I didn't mean to, I was just trying to look for money. The necklace.... Umm I wasn't trying to-"

He cut me off again

"Just looking for money? Like that is any more forgivable."

He was right. A tear slid down my face only to be quickly soaked up by the same handkerchief used to clean the crumbs off my face.

"I'm sorry I've upset you. Let me make it up to you." He says soothingly.

I look up at him. The confusion on my face must have been apparent because he started to elaborate.

"Listen, I'm the kind of man who has no use for things like this." He says referring to the necklace.

"But a beautiful woman like yourself...Well I'd love to see what it looks like resting around your neck."

I don't say anything.

"What? Do you not want it? Is it not to your liking?"

I quickly speak.

"No, it's not that. It's beautiful. It's just that I don't think I'm the type of person who could wear something as valuable as that."

"Hmmm. Well I suppose you're right."

My heart drops. No, it shatters.

"But only because of the state that you are in."

Lucas lifts up my chin with his thumb and index finger as if to examine me.

"Tell you what," He starts. "Let me take you come, get you a nice shower and a new change of clothes, then we can see if the necklace will suit you then."

"W-Why would you do that for me?" I say cautiously.

"Let's just say it's my way of thanking you for your company tonight. Plus, it will ease my mind to know that you'll be safe with me."

"O-Okay," I agree.

He stands up and takes off his coat setting in around my shoulders and gestures for me to follow him.

As soon as we exit the bar, we are met by aa man wearing a chauffeur hat.

"This way please." Lucas says as the chauffer opens the door to a sleek black car with heavily tinted windows.

I hesitate for a split second before realizing that I could either get in or sleep on the streets again. I choose the former.

<><><><><><><><>Time lapse<><><><><><><><><>

The car ride was silent. The entire time I watched as Lucas fiddled with the brilliant emerald stone.

When we arrived, the Chauffer opened the door of the vehicle, letting us get out. I looked at where we were and realized that Lucas had taken me to a huge mansion. My mouth opens in surprise as Lucas grabs my hand and escorts me inside. I don't know who Lucas is but he sure is well off.

"Let me show you where the restroom is so that you can shower. Oh, and leave your clothes outside the door." Lucas instructs.

"Why?" I ask.

Lucas laughs as if the answer were obvious.

"So that the maids can see your size and pick something out that will fit you. Don't worry. I'll make sure they pick up something for you to wear before you're done with your shower."

After Lucas showed me the bathrooms, I began to take off my clothes, examining them before placing them outside as I was instructed.

I was wearing a ripped grey hoodie covered with stains, the source of which was unknown to me. I had found it in the garbage of a salvation army store. Apparently, it was too wrecked of a donation for even them to accept. My jeans were from before my parent's incident, but they were worn down and covered with holes. Not to mention that they were way too baggy due to my massive weight loss, so I held them up with some old shoelaces I found.

Stepping into the shower, I turned on the water and a cold icy stream attacks my skin.

I guess it's been so long since I've taken a shower that I forgot the water has to warm up.

I begin scrubbing every inch of my skin, taking advantage of the wide array of body soaps I found in the bathroom cabinets.

The hot water helps to ease the pain in my muscles caused by sleeping on nothing but cardboard sheets for longer than I would like to remember.

After turning off the water, I dry myself with the fluffiest towel I think I've ever felt in my life.

Did towels always feel this soft? Or is it because he's so wealthy that he can afford these types of things?

With the towel wrapped around my body I open the door slightly as not to expose myself, then feel around for a fresh set of clothing.

Nothing.

I open the door a little wider hoping that I just wasn't able to find them at first.

Still nothing.

I walk outside the bathroom and quickly glance around, once again not being able to find any clothes, noticing that my original clothes were no where in site.

Maybe they are just taking a little longer than they originally thought.

After deciding that that was the reason why there were no new clothes for me to change into, I turn to go back into the bathroom before being stopped by a familiar voice.

"Where do you think you're going?"

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷

A/N: This is kind of a transition chapter to get into the next plot point because I only want this flashback to be three chapters because I want Y/N to meet Jaehyun "ASAP! AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!"-Jungwoo

Lmao what is my life?

Vote sweaties. I literally just want one comment.