T h e G a m e

Penelope made her way up the bleachers, navigating through flying drinks, food and feet. She was hoping to sit with other people since her closest friends weren't able to make it to the game- with the exception of Owen who was playing against the opposing team.

Thankfully, she didn't have to walk far before a few girls from English waved her over and made some room for her to sit.

"Who do you think's gonna win?" Bridget, a black haired girl asked.

Penelope smiled and shrugged, glancing at the field.

"Hopefully the home team." She replied. Although she jumped startled, when everyone stood up abruptly to cheer as Owen made a home run.

She clapped her hands and joined in on the excitement to cover up the slightly embarrassing moment, hoping that no one noticed through all of the chaos.

"You don't usually watch football do you?" Bridget asked again with an amused chuckle.

Penelope blushed and shook her head.

The black haired girl gave her a playful nudge.

"Just cheer when everyone else is and you'll fit right in." She assured over the noise.

Penelope smiled and relaxed a bit at her words, before fully engaging herself in the game.

"I can't believe we lost." Penelope said exasperated.

It had taken her all of 10 minutes to understand the basics of the game and by the time 20 minutes passed it was like she had watched football all her life.

She was making her way down the bleachers now with the rest of the students, everyone voicing similar complaints.

As they walked along the field, the away team was in their faces, openly cheering and hollering- rubbing their victory in.

Penelope clenched her fists and turned to face one of the guys that was hooting.

"You don't have to do that you know. Congratulations on your win but dragging it out like this isn't very nice." She said seriously.

The guy stopped yelling and rose an amused brow. Her outburst had caused other players from the team to pause their taunting and watch the drama unfold.

"I can do whatever I want sweet thing." He said while eyeing her up like a piece of meat. "Are you offering yourself as my prize?" He questioned dauntingly.

His words had his teammates hollering again and Penelope blushed in embarrassment at their antics.

She let out a breath when a familiar mop of brown hair placed a hand on the guy's shoulder.

"Chill." Owen said- warning laced in his tone.

The guy laughed and pushed his hand off his shoulder.

"No." He replied with equal menace . "Bambi over here seems to think that I don't know how to celebrate." His green eyes flickered down to meet Penelope's . "So, I say that she shows me." He finished, once again egging on his team to whistle and cheer him on.

Owen's nostrils flared and he stepped forward, pressing his chest against the mouthy blonde.

"If you say one more word about her I'm going to knock that grin off your fucking face." He threatened with clenched fists.

The blonde bit back on his jaw and turned his head to face Penelope.

"So Bambi, do you wanna show me what that mouth can do in b-"