Chapter 36

The time passed painfully slow. Jisoo had been in surgery a little over eight hours and they hadn't been given any more information. However, Jisoo's unit chief had stopped by to see how Jisoo's surgery was going and to inform her family of what had happened.

Jisoo's team was doing a raid against a suspected terrorist group but there had been a leak and the suspects knew the FBI was coming and had started shooting against them as soon as they entered the building. Two of the team members had been shot and Jisoo was injured worst. She got hit in the chest and the bullet penetrated her safety west and went into her body, causing severe damage.

He had only stayed briefly to inform them about the events but he would return later. Two of Jisoo's team members had also been waiting in the waiting room but had been ordered back to headquarters about an hour ago. They had informed Jisoo's family that they would come back.

Eight hours turned into ten hours and Jennie was beside herself with worry, as was Dara. Jiyong had gone down to the cafeteria to bring back something to eat but neither Jennie nor Dara had even touched the food.

"I can't take it anymore, someone must know something. Why aren't they telling us, why?" Jennie said upset.

"I don't know sweetheart." Jiyong said and walked up to his pacing daughter and put a hand on her shoulder.

The sound of a door opening made everyone turn their attention in that direction and a man in scrubs walked into the waiting room.

"How is she? Is she okay?" Dara asked with a trembling voice.

"She's in recovery, the operation went well considering the circumstances. We were able to extract the bullet from Jisoo's chest and repair the damage it caused her lung. However, she'd already lost a severe amount of blood when she got here and she went into cardiorespiratory arrest during surgery." the doctor said.

Jennie's heart stopped when she heard the doctor speak. She may not know much about medical stuff but she knew what that meant. Jisoo's heart had stopped, she'd died on the table. The doctor's voice brought her back from her thoughts.

"The resuscitation attempt was successful and we manage to-" the doctor was interrupted.

"She died?" Jennie asked with a trembling voice.

Dara put her arm around her.

"They brought her back sweetie." she said with a soothing voice trying to calm both the young woman and herself.

"But her heart stopped, so technically she died?" Jennie said, the question directed to the doctor.

"Yes, her heart stop but we managed to resuscitate her and stabilize her and the rest of the surgery proceeded without any complications. She's in recovery now and though the surgery was successful, her condition is still critical. The next 48 hours will be crucial." the doctor said.

"Can… can we see her?" Jennie asked.

"Yes you can see her but one at the time and only for a little while. She needs rest."

"Thank you doctor." Dara said.

"A nurse will be in shortly to show you to the ICU unit where Jisoo is." the doctor said and left.

Jennie wanted to run to the ICU unit but she realized she should let Dara see her first. It was her daughter and Jennie could only imagine how worried she must be. A minute later a nurse came and said she would show them to Jisoo. Dara looked at Jennie and met the raven's eyes. She could see how badly she wanted to go see Jisoo but at the same time she saw how she was hesitant and Dara knew it was because the raven was thinking that she, as Jisoo's mother, should be the first one to see her.