CHAPTER 26

The day I've been dreading was finally here. The ball. Luna had dragged me to another part of the house to get changed, I took off my grimy sweatpants and t-shirt and took a quick shower before slipping into my elegant black dress. It was only now that it was on when I realised how deep the plunging neckline was. 

"Oh. My. God. Odette you look incredible! This dress really suits you!" Luna exclaims happily as he stares at me in childlike curiosity. 

"Thanks Luna," I reply. I look at my reflection in the window, I could just see my reflection. My raven hair was pulled into a sleek ponytail, my face covered in bold makeup (thanks to Luna). The dress flowed around me beautifully, and I couldn't deny how much I liked this look. When I turn around, Luna had changed into her elegant pink dress and was now applying her make-up. She cursed under her breath and walked up to the window as a DIY mirror. 

"You look amazing," I say to her, she smiles back warmly. After we were both finished, Luna picks up the white feather boa I had gotten her and wrapped it around herself. 

"It's time to go to the ball!" Luna shrieks in an over-the-top posh British accent. I laugh aloud before we go back to the living room. Jude and Caspian were changed, their hair pushed back neatly off their face. Jude was fuming as he silently put on the atrocious looking bowler hat before he picks up the cane. 

My eyes find Caspian's and I can't help but let my eyes glaze over his lean, tall figure. The suit fit him amazingly well, even Jude looked great in his suit. I could feel Caspian's eyes on my dress too, and Luna cleared her throat awkwardly. 

"Enough gawking around! It's time to beat this son of a bitch!" Luna almost yells, marching away from us to the front door. 

We join the hoards of people who were all making their way to the castle. We keep our heads down and walk through the front gates slyly. Before we head inside we all hide behind a tree in the courtyard, going over the plan one more time. 

"Okay, we all know what we're doing, now remember, if things take a turn for the worst meet up back at the house." Jude mutters quietly.

We all nod in agreement, before confidently walking out from behind the trees to the doors. As we walk into the grand foyer, I see guards doing security checks a few feet ahead. They seemed to be checking IDs. Caspian grabs my hand, our fingers interlacing before we absent-mindedly stumble over to a shadow being cast near the window. Jude and Luna follow us, they both had a worried look in their eye. No one sees us, and we shadow travel into the main ballroom. Luna instantly groans and leans on the wall for support. 

"Next time warn me when you do that!" She says to Caspian and I. 

"Sorry Luna, it was the only way to get past those guards." Caspian interjects. 

"Okay guys, the plan will commence in ten minutes. Wait for my cue and then Luna will head down to that staircase." Jude whispers as we huddle together. 

"How do you know there's a vault down there Jude?" I ask, if he was wrong, the plan may not work. 

"I told you it's complicated, but remember when Venus and Harry attacked the school? She let something slip and I know theres a vault there." 

"Okay, I trust you," I reply, Jude smiles at me. 

"Okay mill around, act normal until I start," Jude says before walking off with Luna to the buffet tables. 

"Care to dance?" Caspian asks me as he extends his hand to me. I shrug and take his hand, "I'd be honoured," I say sarcastically, a smirk on my face. Caspian scoffs at my response and leads me to the dance floor, he snakes his arm around my waist and I place a hand on his shoulder. A second later we were gracefully gliding across the floor, I felt like I was flying (but don't tell Caspian that.) 

"Are you nervous?" Caspian whispers in my ear, I notice how close we were but I don't pull away. 

"Not really, you?" 

"No way princess, I live for this stuff." 

"Did you just call me 'princess'?" I ask with a pissed off expression. 

"Do you now like it? I'll think of something else." 

"Ugh please do," I say while rolling my eyes. I could have continued dancing for hours but then we hear a loud clang that stops us. 

I look over to see Jude withering on the floor like a mad man while clutching his chest. 

"Oh my God! He's having a heart attack someone help him!" Luna screams out, everyone rushed over to Jude, even the guards. The lights start flickering like crazy. But when the issue resolves itself a few minutes later, Luna was gone, and all the guards had been knocked out.

Caspian walks up behind me a second later, "that was fun, your time to shine now darling." 

Leaving you all on a cliffhanger ;) I hope you enjoyed this chapter, the next one will be up very very soon so stay tuned! 

Make sure to vote, comment and follow me on my wattpad if you're liking it so far!