8

"do what is necessary"

I rarely had time to myself now that Draco and I were both being groomed for the Quidditch team

Catching up on my grandfather's book of the week, I sat by the courtyard enjoying the last of the sun. Daphne was in detention and the boys were off tormenting Longbottom.

It was almost Christmas Holidays and I couldn't wait to go home to my grandfather. He promised to have all my favorite meals prepared when I get back.

This week's book is about ancient medieval spells that are seldom used nowadays. Some of the spells here sounded so ghastly.

Totally engrossed, I didn't notice Harry Potter approach my bench. "Kallista?"

I look up confused because no one from Hogwarts called me by that name. It was either Kally for my friends and Emrys for everyone else. Green eyes stare down at me. "Yes, Potter?"

Several people that sat around the courtyard were watching us. Some- Slytherins- we're openly glaring at Potter. They looked ready to jump in. "You're not so bad."

"What?" I ask baffled closing my leather bound book. There goes time for myself.

"You pretend to be bad but you're not. You're not like the others."

Was I supposed to say thank you? What had brought all of this up? "Are you well, Potter?"

He smiles at me. "Yeah. I just thought I should let you know."

"Do not mistake her pity for kindness." Draco has arrived flanked by Greg and Vincent who all shared similar looks that promised pain.

Potter blushes at Draco's words but Draco just narrows his eyes at Potter.

"Why are you still here?" Draco demands looking very impatient. Greg and Vince step closer to Potter who takes a step back.

Potter's jaw clenches, meets my eyes and shakes his head. "I was just leaving."

-

The last of our classes were done and my friends have decided to play around with the snow. A snow ball fight had soon then ensued with the rest of the Slytherin house joining in.

I had Draco pinned to the ground after he double teamed me with Blaise. I pull the collar of his jumper up and stuffed a hand full of snow down his chest.

He shouts struggling under my height. We were both soaked to the bone. Both shivering but laughing. Greg plucks me off of his Lord, God and Savior and throws me gently down an enormous pile of snow.

I shrieked calling for Daphne. She comes to my rescue getting Greg right on the face.

A few hours later, we were all shivering like crazy trying to get back into the castle. A large tree was blocking our way and Draco who had his arm wrapped around my shoulder to give me heat was ready to terrorize someone.