9

"clever as the devil and twice as pretty"

The Holiday break ended fairly quickly. I was back at the platform with my grandfather at my side.

I had on Draco's beautiful gift that I have yet to remove since I got it, my casual clothes allowed it to be easily seen. I was wearing a short black leather skirt- a birthday gift from Blaise's mum- with black stockings and black boots paired with an emerald green long sleeved turtle neck that had diamonds sprinkled all around.

When my grandfather first saw the bracelet he paused like he was thinking but didn't comment. I didn't wear Graham's gift. We were close but not close enough for me to feel comfortable wearing anything that expensive from him.

My grandfather hugs me goodbye and I climb onto the train. Waving to my grandfather until he was but a small speck, I try to find my friends.

People gave way for me. Most gave a polite greeting while others just continued to ogle. I find Draco alone reading a book and immediately launch myself at him.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I whisper yelled clutching him close and giving him a soft kiss on his cheek while showing off my wrist for him to see.

He blushes bright red but returns the hug. "Do you like it?"

"Do I like it? No." His expression falls instantly but I grin at him. "I don't like it- I love it, Draco. It's the most beautiful thing ever."

Draco smiles almost shyly. "I'm sorry it's not the trolley like I promised."

We both laugh and pull away. "Make it up to me by buying me sweets when the trolley does come."

"Deal."

-

Out of all the wizarding pure blooded families, the Malfoy's are one of the most prominent when it comes to power. When Draco was born or even when he turned eleven, many news articles came out about him.

The next sought after bachelor, they called him. The next big thing, the heir to the Malfoy wealth, the wealthiest of the wealthiest, the king of king's and many more.

It was no wonder why Narcissa Malfoy coddled him so much. He was born Royal. As were all of us.

At dinner, Blaise was animatedly telling us about his holiday. His step father did not die this time around- not that they were killing him.

The topic soon changed to Quidditch like it usually does. It was Slytherin versus Ravenclaw soon.

"I hope Cho Chang falls off her broom." Daphne said rather loudly making the entire table laugh.

"The Slytherin team is still bitter from our loss to Gryffindor. It'll be a bloody match for Ravenclaw." Theo said smugly.

Draco nods in agreement holding his side painfully. "I can attest to that. Higgs was vile during practice earlier. Chang better prepare for a painful match."

-

That night, Daphne and I, locked ourselves in the dormitory bathroom and sat on the counters.

"Show me again?"

I thrust my wrist at her showing the bracelet that Draco got for me.

She let's out a low whistle. "It's definitely expensive, I can tell you that much."

"But what does it mean?" I ask desperately glaring at my wrist.

"It doesn't have any engravings?" She questions peering at the bracelet and moving it around with her hand.

I shook my head.

"Graham also got you jewelry?"

"Yeah, no engravings either. It's so confusing."

Daphne leans back into the counter. "You wore Draco's though."

-

The Slytherin versus Ravenclaw game was indeed bloody. Only a few minutes into the match and already Cho Chang, Ravenclaw Seeker, was out cold. Hit by a bludger to the head.

Marcus Flint was extra vicious. Score after score after- elbow to the face towards Ravenclaw Team Captain Roger Davies and knocking him unconscious for the duration of the game- score. The Slytherin team was merciless. I was so very proud that I screamed and yelled the entire time.

We won that game.

A few weeks later and it was the Slytherin versus Hufflepuff. I felt bad the entire time. The Hufflepuff's didn't stand a chance.

Our house was ruthless yet again winning the game with no score to the Hufflepuff name.

-

I stood behind Draco and peered at the box he was holding. He opened it and I resisted the urge to scream.

A golden pair of cuff links with the letter P engraved on it shined on my face. I knew Pansy Parkinson liked Draco but wasn't it too early to be sending gifts like that? Especially when you're a girl. It's considered scandalous for a girl to give a boy understanding gifts before the boy.

"What is that?" I screech shoving the box out of Draco's hands.

Draco shrugs looking bored and cracks open a book and starts to read. "Parkinson's mother owled it this morning."

"Well? Will you use it?"

Draco wrinkled his nose at me. "I'm not daft, Kally."

-

With the end of Quidditch came the dreadful end of year examinations. It was bitter sweat wanting to get the exams over with but also hoping the exams wouldn't end so my friends and I didn't have to separate for the summer.

This summer, Daphne would be staying in Paris to watch wizarding fashion shows all day long. Blaise, like every summer goes to Italy. Theo would be spending most of his summer traveling with his father. Greg and Vince we're heading off to Greece with their extended family. Finally, I was going to be in Ireland - our favorite team - following the Quidditch World Cup with Draco.

Our merry group of snakes bury our noses in books. Sometime later, Draco, Greg and Vince went out to torment some Ravenclaws into giving up their notes and reviewers.

They come back a few hours later with a messy pile of Ravenclaw paper work and hot cocoa.