sixteen

*saw this prompt on tumblr a while back and thought it was great!*

•••

BUCKY AND ALEXA were on a simple extraction mission in a canadian hydra facility. as bucky landed the jet, the two knew that this would go quick and easy, like it always had.

"smile barnes, it's the last mission before christmas. hopefully hydra has some soul and doesn't try some shit on christmas." alexa said, having her gun ready in hand. bucky chuckled, the two heading towards the facility.

"hopefully. i just wanna go home and watch those ridiculous chick flicks that i say i hate but secretly love watching with you." alexa smiled widely, kissing his cheek. she then immediately shot a guy in the chest, him falling to the ground.

it was supposed to be simple, them never leaving with more them a few scratches. it was never to serious, ever since the bullets that caused seizures for alexa.

they entered the facility, walking side by side, bucky occasionally checking his six. two guys rounded the corner, bucky and alexa shooting the two at the same time. the intel they got was the base wasn't heavily guarded, so for them, it was a quick simple mission.

the intel was wrong.

suddenly they were surrounded and were forced to give up their weapons and locked in a room with one lightbulb and one window with bars. the two got into a fight before they were cornered, them being beaten and bruised.

alexa was pacing slowly around the room, trying to figure out a way out of there alive. she looked at bucky, who was mindlessly playing with the lace of his boots. she ran he hands over the grills, knowing that they wouldn't budge at all.

"how are you not worried?" she said, trying to be calm.

"sent out a distress call before everything was taken. rhodey's on his way." a smile formed on alexa's lips, sitting back down.

"nice."

besides the fact that they were being held captive, bucky was seemingly peaceful. they talked for a bit, bucky finally giving in and telling alexa the chick flicks he said he hated but actually liked. they also talked about their past date. it was their third date together, and they went dancing.

the two then at some point fell asleep. alexa was cuddled into his side, bucky's cheek resting on her head. alexa woke up, rubbing her eyes. she could see through the window the sun would be starting to set soon, and them it was going to be pitch black out

"are you awake?" she asked, bucky shifted above her, pulling her body closer to him. his hand fumbled in the darkness, their hands clasping together when they found each other's.

"m'here doll."

she sighed, head resting against his chest.

"how long till rhodey gets here, do you think?" alexa asked, bucky's thumb tracing random shapes over the back of her hand.