Chapter 13

Hi,

Here is Chapter 13 for you all :D

This chapter is dedicated to @WorleyHeather :D

Pic on the side>>>>

PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END!

****

"In time we hate that which we often fear."
— William Shakespeare (Antony and Cleopatra)

EVERETT P.O.V

I was sitting on the couch, waiting for Templar to come downstairs. I had decided to take her out for dinner tonight.

I was happy to see her coming out of the house today. Even though she was out for only an hour, I was happy. It was a change because she spent the last few days cooped inside her room.

She would have stayed out a bit longer if only Reece had not come uninvited. My jaws clenched as I thought about that bastard. He had come to woo my mate. How dare he?

He knew well and good Templar’s mine, yet he brought those pathetic diamonds for her.

I let out a growl of frustration as I thought about diamonds. It was a good thing Templar that Templar wasn’t superficial. Her expression when she saw the diamonds were of incredulity rather than greed.

I was happy to hear her telling Reece off but angry because he threatened to tell the Sorority about Templar.

I don’t give two flying fucks about that Sorority but I cannot and will not let them make a decision that will distress Templar. They are just a bunch of old people who, when paid well, would make the decision we want.

The sound of footsteps brought me out of my thoughts and I looked up to see Templar. Dressed in a midnight blue dress, she looked breathtakingly gorgeous. My eyes first gazed her fingers and I was pleased to see the wedding ring there.

“You look beautiful” I said leaning forward to kiss her. But before my lips could touch hers, she twisted her head away.

“Dinner first” she reminded and then walked past me. I stared at her tense back and blinked once before following after her.

Dinner was a served on a terrace of a luxurious hotel where we had complete privacy. None of us spoke a word and it was like two strangers sitting in a same table and eating. I looked at Templar, who would simply play with her food using the fork. She wasn’t looking at me either and that bothered me the most.