Andy

A/N: Hello everyone! I'm writing this as an attempt to dig myself out of the hole that is writer's block! I know its an OC pairing but like, no hate please! I'm aware that's seen as like "bad" or whatever but cringe culture is dead! So I get to do what I want lmaooo

Besides I love Krel Tarron so much asdljklsfdkasdfkl

This fic has been on AO3 for a while, and probably will receive updates there first, so if you gotta have it I suggest goin there!

A typical Monday morning was all today was, nothing atypical about it. All weeks start like this, the dreaded first day back to school from a nice two day break. At least, that's what Andy thought. What she did not expect was someone sitting in her usual seat in third period English.

"Oh, um... hello," she said, to the boy sitting in her seat. He was only a few inches taller than she was, with dark, shoulder length hair, tan skin, and brown eyes. Kinda cute, actually.

"Uh... hi?" he replied in a lightly accented voice, giving her an awkward smile.

"You're in m-" she was cut short by a hand grabbing her arm and pulling her into the seat beside her usual one.

"Don't be mean to the new kid!" hissed Mary Wang, releasing Andy's arm.

She rubbed it, glaring. "Jesus, Mary, that wasn't very nice!" she hissed. "And I wasn't going to be rude!"

"Hey little brother," said the pale blond sitting next to the guy in her seat. "That girl is pretty, no?"

"She is human," he replied, at a volume that suggested Andy was not privy to this conversation. Before he could continue, Mr. Roberts walked in, and class began.

Human? What was wrong with being human?

After class, she waited until the two new kids walked out before leaving. She walked up to the boy who had been in her seat, who was walking next to that blonde girl, and cleared her throat. He turned, but the girl did not.

"Can I uh... help you?" he asked again, in the same pleasantly accented voice. She couldn't quite place it. Possibly Spanish? But not quite.

"Sorry I uh... was weird this morning," Andy said. "You were just in my usual seat."

"Oh, I apologize," he replied. "I did not know we had to sit in certain spots!"

"We... don't?" she said, scratching the back of her head. "That's just the one I normally use. I just wanted to apologize for being rude."

"Oh," he nodded. "I did not take offense." He smiled.

"I'm Andy," she said, sticking her hand out for him to shake.

He took it gingerly. "Krel," he supplied. He jerked his thumb over his shoulder. "And that's my twin sister Aja."

They didn't look related, but she decided to take his word for it. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah!" he replied, walking back to his sister. "Have a good day!"

The next morning, Andy got to class before Aja and Krel did. About to take her usual seat, she changed her mind and sat one over. The twins walked into the room after a minute, and Krel saw that she had left the seat open.

"Hey, isn't this your seat?" he asked her.

"Nah, you can have it," she replied with a smile. She liked sitting next to him anyway.

"Ew, are you flirting with him?" Mary Wang asked, in a tone that suggested that this subject was going to be on everyone's lips by the end of the morning.

"What!? Absolutely not!" Andy said, gripping her pencil.

"That sounded like flirting," said Darci, who sat in the seat in front of her.

"Y'all suck," she growled. "I was not flirting."

"Do you think he's cute?" asked Claire, leaning in.

Andy gave her a look that was a mix of incredulousness and disgust. Not at the suggestion of Krel being cute, because he was. No, this was more a look of 'why are you joining in on this, I thought you were better than this!' It seemed she wasn't.

"Of course he's cute!" Andy whisper-shouted. "You three have eyes! Any of you can see that!"

"I have a boyfriend," they all said in unison.

Ugh. It was true, they did all have boyfriends. Claire was dating Jim Lake, who was a really nice guy. Andy honestly wouldn't be surprised if they dating all throughout high school and got married afterwards. Darci was dating Jim's best friend, Toby, a total goofball and quite the charmer. Mary Wang constantly had a new boyfriend, but she was currently dating Tight Jeans Hank for the fifth time.

"But you know who doesn't have a boyfriend?" Mary Wang asked, with a stupid grin on her face. "You!" She poked Any on the sternum with her index finger. She giggled.

Andy batted her hand away. "I don't need a boyfriend," she hissed.