Luffy x Reader

Thanks EllieSilent for requesting! I didn't get what you meant that she's 'kind and friendly' but 'behaves cold' since 'friendly' is kind more of describing how she behaves instead of personality like 'kind', so 'friendly' and 'cold' kinda contradicted? Anyway, apologies for overthinking everything, I'm pretty sure I got it right. Hope you enjoy!

_______

You sighed, exiting the hotel. The new base that was supposed to have finished being built a week ago, but it still hasn't finished. Which meant you couldn't move in, since you were supposed to live there so you could be on watch 24/7. But at least the higher ups let you have the week off and paid for your stay.

The main issue with that was that you didn't really have much else to do. You dedicated your life to your work, and frankly, you'd been bored out of your mind. You tried to pick up a hobby, but it would've been useless anyway since after the base was finally finished, you'd just be working all the time.

Trying to waste time, you walked around town for the umpteenth time that week. You tried taking a new route, but you ended up on the same path as always. Heading West through the shopping district down the same produce area, around the mountain to the shore.

Though, something was different. A ship had stopped there. You recognised it as the Strawhat Pirate's ship. Deciding to check for any commotion they might be causing, you looked around, but nothing seemed out of place. It wasn't the largest town, but it also wasn't exactly small, so something could've always happened in another part of town.

Sighing, you decided to head into the largest bar, to see if anyone was making a ruckus there. You entered, finding a familiar face to match the familiar ship.

"Strawhat Luffy," you growled to yourself, hand instinctively going reaching for your hip where your sword usually lay. But in being off duty, it wasn't there, and you weren't fond of using your devil fruit powers before natural ability.

You slowly approached him and his crew, but the bar owner stopped you.

"You're the one that's heading up the new base, right? (Y/N), isn't it?"

You nodded. "Yes."

"Please refrain from attacking them. They're bringing in a lot of money, and they haven't hurt anyone!"

You blinked. "They're... paying?"

"Yes. I'll be frank with you, Miss (Y/N), business hasn't been the best lately, and this could give me a boost to get back to providing better service."

Ah, that's right... This one's a family owned one. Odd for a bar to be a family business, but I suppose I can't judge...

You sighed. "I understand. I hope your business gets out of bad waters."

He bowed deeply. "Thank you very much, I know it must be hard to be off duty for so long, and to refrain from capturing pirates, but they haven't done any harm. Thank you!"

He went back to bartending and serving the guests, which were really just the Strawhats and a few others. It was the middle of the day, so it wasn't all that busy. Scratch that, it was quite busy with the crew demanding mountains of food and booze.

You went back to your hotel and didn't go back out until nighttime, when an alarm was sounded. The same alarm to sound for danger, namely pirates.

Grunting a few curses, you were mad at yourself for letting those Strawhat guys go once. The town was right against a beach on one of its sides, since it had a harbour for trading on the opposite side of the mountain. You immediately headed there.