CH. 11 Red Handed

Once Kade and I reached our house, we quietly snuck back in through the side door.

The lights in the house were off and it seemed that everyone was up in their rooms. So, following that, Kade and I walked up the stairs trying not to make a sound.

We tip-toed down the hallway and I dropped Kade at his room between Chase's and West's.

"Until our next encounter, young criminal," Kade whispered as I continued to walk down the hall to my room.

I turned around and saluted Kade a goodnight.

I walked into my room, shutting the door behind me, and jumping onto my bed, closing my eyes- trying to fall asleep...

An hour had gone by and I still wasn't able to rest- my brain raced with too many thoughts about Lucas and Lance; my curiosity wouldn't leave me alone.

Was Lance even Lance anymore?

Is Lance Lucas' right-hand-man now?

Is Lucas trying to brain wash all of our brothers starting with Lance?

What the fuck is he doing?!

Why don't you just ask him? My self conscious spoke up, halting my rant of accusations.

"That's so stupid," I mumbled out loud, We're rivals. Opposing gang members aren't friends. He's not just going to come out and tell me all of his master plans, I thought.

Fine, My self conscious said sternly, But...we can always go through his phone and see what he's really up to. Every boy's secrets lie within that electronic rectangle, My self conscious tempted.

I furrowed my brows, Oh, and how do you suppose I get that, hm? It's always on him! He's glued to that damn thing; I couldn't steal it if I tried, and if I did- he'd notice it was missing within a minute! I rationalized with the voice.

My self conscious chuckled, He's asleep right now, isn't he? It said in an evil tone.

My eyes went wide, Oh hell to the no, I thought in response, No way I'm doing that, that's way too risky.

Since when haven't you wanted to do something risky? My self conscious replied with a laugh.

I smirked to myself, thinking of all the risky shit I'd done within the past years-

There was the time Cameron and I snuck out of her house to get high with Sam Fletcher and his group of friends who were the most popular Freshman at the time while we were in 8th grade... not to mention them being some of Flynn's basketball teammates...

The time I stole Kade's alcohol that he always keeps in his closet and blamed it on Flynn. Long story short, Flynn had a big ole black eye the next day...

Or even the time when I snuck downstairs when Lance was having a party during his highschool years— even though I was instructed to stay in my room by Lance himself. I ended up wasted and flirting with all his friends. I got caught on that one though... some teenage guys just can't keep their mouths shut. Let's just say Lance wasn't too pleased to hear his friends talking about the cute brunette they met at his party. Needless to say, he ended up putting the pieces together and I was caught red handed with all of their numbers in my phone. That was a bad day for me...

See? My self conscious asked, knowing I loved the thrill.

Ya, ya, ya, okay. Let's go, I replied, getting off my bed and walking out into the hallway ready to walk the tightrope of secrets.