Goodbye

The kitchen glows from the candles lit all around the room. A clean, white table clothe has been placed neatly over the table, finished of with some flowers. Name plaques are set out in each team members spot.

Tin can (Tony)
Spangles (Steve)
Bird boy (Clint)
Hammer time (Thor)
Green goop (Bruce)

And in Natasha's spot, a much larger one has been carefully positioned.

My beautiful red headed softy.

There's a letter underneath it, slipped neatly inside a cream envelope and sealed with a wax print.

Your probably wondering what all of this is. I guess really its goodbye and a thank you. Goodbye, the final one possibly. And thank you for everything, absolutely everything you've done for me.

Dear Nat

I know this will probably hurt you a lot. I might leave you hollow but I really don't have a choice. I would give almost anything for there to be another way but there isn't. And im sorry. Its not your fault at all. There's nothing you could have done to prevent it so please don't beat yourself up about it. And remember what's happened, happened, you can't change it now.

I love you, now and forever
I always will

Goodbye Nat

Y/n

Her chest started to tighten as Natasha finished reading the note. She dropped to the floor, note now lying, forgotten, on the beautifully decorated table. Sobs were choked out of her dry throat and tears poured down her face, not showing any sign of stopping.

She wanted to reverse time, anything to bring you back. But you weren't coming back- ever.

A strong pair of arms pulls her into a hug. She tenses up and tries to wriggle out of their grip. Their hold doesn't loosen though and she whips around, ready to shout at whoever was hugging her. Her words are left in her mouth, however, as she sees your face.

"Y/n?" You smile brightly and, honestly, she already felt better.

"How, I, what?" You look down sheepishly at her words and wince.

"Yeah, it, uh, it didn't, um, it didn't kill me" You offer weakly. She slaps you lightly on the arm, not able to muster up enough force to do any harm.

"How could you, I thought, I" You quickly shush her, engulfing her in a welcoming hug. She cry's silently into your shoulder, leaving a small wet patch on your T-shirt. 

"It's alright. I'm here now. You'll be ok. Everything's ok." You whisper sweet things to her, trying to calm her down. She pulls her head out of your shoulder and stares at you through watery eyes. Gently, you kiss her, moving your lips in sync with hers.

It would be ok.

A/n

This is really trashy and short, so sorry about that.

And again as always please leave requests- either in the comments or via pm

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeee