Chapter 31

O P H E L I A ' S   P O V

I threaded my fingers through Levi's hair as his fingers sneaked their way past the material of my dress and onto my bare skin.

We finished eating about ten minutes ago and Levi couldn't seem to sit still.

The ringing of a phone sadly interrupted us, although Levi made his way politely down to my neck to enable the freedom of my lips, and didn't make a move to stop.

It was only then I realised that it was my phone. Distractedly taking it out of my front pocket, I tilted my head more to the side to give Levi better access.

"H-Hello?" I squeaked.

"Hey, Ophelia," It was Shalissa. "How's it going? I hope you're not letting Levi off so easily." She teased with a chuckle.

My heart beat faster, "U-Um, no, no. We're just— watching television, Shalissa." I stressed her name so that Levi could hear who I was talking to.

"Oh? What movie?" She asked casually.

"Wait, hold on, t-this is the good part of it," I swallowed

Without waiting for a reply, I placed the call on mute, "Levi." I whined as his lips made their way to my shoulder. "I-I'm on t-the phone." Instead of pushing him away, I pulled him closer.

"I had you first," He complained against my skin.

"I know but-" He cut me off by placing his lips on mine.

My shoulders slumped in resistance as I placed my hand softly on Levi's chest. He was definitely working out more, I noted. Was that even possible?

"Later," I breathed heavily as I placed my hand on his shoulders distractedly. They looked broader; muscular. Or maybe I was just fully starting to appreciate them.

He didn't reply. He just teased his fingers against my thigh as his tongue swiped against his bottom lip for a quick second, his head casted down.

I took this time to unmute my phone and spoke, "I'll talk to you when I get back, okay?" I said.

"Okay?" She replied.

I swiped the end button to the left and the call ended.

"You're going back over there?" I heard Levi ask. His eyes still didn't meet mine as he gave my thigh a gentle squeeze.

"I-I still have to talk to Shalissa and tell her where I'm going for the weekend, and I have to thank Elijah. I'll be back to pack," I said reassuringly.

He hummed, "I'll drop you then pick you back up. Or I can just wait if you aren't taking long." He said.

"I guess that's okay..." I trailed off.

"Good, let's go," He said as he helped me to slide off of the counter.

--------------

"To a fucking private island?" Shalissa cursed.

"Yeah..." I smiled as I looked through the window. "Hey, Shalissa?" I questioned as I turned around.

"Hmm?" She answered as she got up off the bed.

"Figuratively speaking, i-if I wanted to— you know... with Levi...what'd I have to do?" I rubbed my arm embarrassingly.

"As in... do as in what?" She asked softly.

I let out a breathy sigh. "I mean before. I can't exactly just go up to him and say that I want to have sex with him." I whisper-shouted.

"Well, I can't tell you what to do," She shrugged. "You'll know. By the way, I hope you don't think that you have to do this. Levi can wait," She said reassuringly.