Chapter 27: Release

"In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain the pain."

                       -Mary Manin Morrissey

You blue eyes never left Hoseok as he ran a hand through his raven locks, a deep sigh escaping his mouth as he stared at you intently.

"It was about two years ago," He began slowly. "I had just come back from war and everyone was preparing to celebrate the nation's victory. A festival was being planned in our honor."

You nodded your head, listening intently, trying to ignore the unconscious figure on the bed as he continued.

"Well, before the celebration, Jungkook's father-Daesung," He sighed. "He pulled me aside and tried to strike a bargain with me-he said he could pay me handsomely."

"What did he ask you to do?"

Hoseok frowned, his gaze slowly moved to Seokjin's form,  a guilty expression falling on his features.

"I was told to get Seokjin drunk." He stated. "Daesung said to make sure that he drank enough wine for two men..then I was supposed to meet him at the lily pond."

You bit your lip, watching as Hoseok raised his gaze to the ceiling above you.

"I knew that something wasn't right, after all, he said to make sure that no one was in the courtyard," He huffed, ruffling his hair. "But, I was young and stupid. I wanted to be paid, and I didn't care who got hurt."

A frown pulled at your lips.

"I did as he told me." He continued slowly. "I got Jin drunk and then I took him to the pond, no questions asked. I made sure that no one was there,and that no one could have access to the courtyard...but that's when things took a turn for the worst."

You glanced at Namjoon, who remained silent, his eyes locked onto you, as if watching your reaction to Hoseok's tale.

"Daesung was waiting for us there.." He paused, looking towards the man that lay on the bed. "He stabbed Jin three times."

You squeezed your eyes shut, running a hand through your h/c hair.

His story was beginning to effect you emotionally, just thinking about what that man did to Jin...it made your blood boil.

"After he was finished, he threw Jin's body into the lily pond and told me to make sure the body was never discovered."

"How did he survive?" You asked softly. "How did he get here?"

Hoseok sighed.

"After Daesung left, I pulled his body from the pond and brought him to Namjoon."

Your eyes moved to the purple-haired man as Hoseok continued.

"He sewed him up and made sure he was okay, but I couldn't leave him in the palace..If Daesung knew he was alive, he'd try to kill him again...so I brought him here." He explained.

"We thought he would wake up," Namjoon blurted. "But he's been unconscious for all of this time. We've barely been able to keep him alive so long."

Hoseok nodded.

"When I started seeing his spirit around the palace, I thought that he had died...but he's still living..Just without a soul.."

You took a deep breath, trying to process the things he had been telling you.

"If-If Jin is Daesung's brother," You started. "Then that means that he's the former Emperor, right?"

He nodded once again.