8. Back Home

She felt so stiff and didn't hug me back.

I still had my arms around her as I inspected her face with my teary eyes like the little wimp I was.

She looked at me in fear.

"Ruth?" I asked softly, assuming the worst.

"H–How do you know my name?"

She couldn't remember me.

My heart sank and I loosened my grip on her.

"We don't have time for this," I heard Dakota say as she walked behind Ruth. I watched her unsuspectingly.

She kneeled down to be on Ruth's level and put the napkin in front of her nose.

Ruth's eyes rolled to the back and I quickly held her up like a lifeless doll.

I looked up at Dakota and she immediately told me, "We need to get moving before someone sees us or that prick wakes up."

I nodded, picking Ruth up and placing a kiss on her forehead.

Finally, I smiled peacefully.

Dakota and Ethan each threw Seth's arms around their shoulders and so we walked back to the car.

I held Ruth in my arms the whole ride, while Seth was in the trunk.

Dakota turned around in her seat to look at us with a worried expression.

I glanced down at my shoulder to look at Ruth's unconscious face, before giving Dakota a half-hearted smile. She returned it and turned back.

We somehow managed to smuggle both of them into our dorm-room.

Ethan was huffing and puffing as they placed Seth on a chair.

"You need to lift more," I chuckled, carrying my baby through the door and placing her gently on the bed.

I took off her shoes and tugged her in, then turned to Seth whose arms and legs were getting tied up by Ethan and Dakota. I walked over and helped them.

Once it was done, I sat down next to Ruth and caressed her head as we waited for Seth to wake up.

"You guys stay with Ruth and explain everything to her, while I talk to Seth," I instructed.

Dakota nodded and Ethan replied, "Got it."

It took a while, but Seth finally came to his senses, looking groggily around.

"Where... what..." His eyes settled on us and widened.

Seth wiggled in his seat, trying to free himself. But to no avail.

"What the fuck?" He exclaimed in panic. "What are you freaks doing to me?"

I walked up to him and he sneered at me as I crossed my arms.

"Okay, so this is how it's going down," I started.