Three

Bailey

Bailey

It wasn't nearly as hard as I had first thought. It was nice sitting there.

I still didn't know what to believe abut the afterlife, if one even existed to begin with, but I liked to think he could somehow hear me. I talked about everything. Things that happened between Caleb and I, California, all the shit that had happened back in California, my job, Ace and Gabe and even about Bri, Danny, Danielle,and Spence. It felt nice to just get everything out. Before I left, I placed the single shot glass upside down in front of his headstone and left a singular white rose beside it.

I did it.

And he was probably laughing at me, calling me a complete dumbass.

[Dickhead]
hey, Beck and Spence went back home so I'm taking Elle to Kane's, wanna meet us? You're brother says everyone is gonna meet us there for drinks before the dinner.

[Me]
Yeah be there in a few

I kicked the stand of my bike up and sped straight over to Kane's. One of the few things I was looking forward to coming back here, besides Kane's food was Kane himself.

"No fuckin way," I hear the familiar voice yell as soon as I enter

"Hey Kaner," I call back to him as I watch the man child come bowling towards me. Before I can even brace myself, I'm being picked up in the air and spun around

"How long has it been? Holy shit you're like an actual adult now! Fuck you still look seventeen do any of you fuckers age?" His eyes widen as he looks at me. According to Arrex and Em, he has two kids now, two girls. God help them when theyre older.

"And you're becoming an old man! Is that a grey hair I see?" I point to his cleanly cut beard as I joke. Obviously there was no grey hair, he still looks as good as when I left, but I just had to mess with him,

"Wow still an asshole I see" he states, but I don't miss the tears in his eyes as the two of us both walk back to the bar

"Always,"

"Damn it's been a while kid," He smiles, now moving to stand opposite of me behind the bar.

"Eight years," I nod "I missed you,"

"Everyone in this damn town missed you," he states sadly.

I just nod as I look around before glancing back at him "How are your girls? A says they're getting big,"

"They are monsters," he smiles, despite his words i can physically see the love in his eyes "My oldest learned how to punch, and has since hit four kids who, and I quote, were being stupid heads,"

"I need to meet them," I can't help but laugh

"Oh yeah, the other one has me wrapped around her little finger and knows it,"