1.3.41: Trial (II)

The color left the faces of the man and Ling Qiu who was the one making the claim. They hadn't expected for the other party to know their evidence until the day it was presented. Seeing how simple they rebutted, they clearly knew ahead. But who tipped them off? People were slowly beginning to make their assumptions and it wasn't pretty.

The security guard was told that everything would be taken care of and he would get a large check if he followed the script; however, it seemed like the script had gone awry.

Zhou Eldress was impressed by the man Zhou Ming had hired. He easily defended the girl and proved their lies. She smiled and thought that things weren't as boring as assumed they would be.

Shaking, the man was called to refute but he could not. Instead, he was quiet and looked at Ling Qiu with panicked eyes. She wasn't paying attention; however, as she was too busy freaking out and trying to ask Kang Yiyi what to do. The spoiled heiress was confused too. It shouldn't have gone this way, according to the months of planning and gathering... she glared at Zhou Ming and whispered for Jing Hao to do something.

"I-I..." the man didn't know what to respond with everyone looking at him. Finally, he realized he could only save himself and forget the money! "I was forced to speak like this!" His words froze everyone including Xiao Yunhua. Has he given up that easily under the pressure? The man pointed at Ling Qiu, "She had planned everything to get rid of her. I still have the contract that states what I should say and shouldn't say. I was told I would lose my job and be blacklisted if I didn't comply. In return, I would gain a large sum of money. They had tried to contact the actual security guard of that area, but the man had quit not too long ago. She also told me that they could alter the shift list and delete the security camera scene—but it appears not so." The security guard had completely confessed because he panicked so much. Even he didn't know why he was saying so many words, like he couldn't control himself from spilling the truth.

<<Host, just know I love you a lot!>>

'You did this!?'

<<Just a small favor. Sorry I'm so useless without using your points. I try these little things and always hope I get away with them. Seeing how I'm not screwed yet, I think we're fine!>> Her small laughter echoed in Xiao Yunhua's head before it disappeared.

Everyone looked at Ling Qiu who had lowered her head and averted her eyes, real tears beginning to stream down her face. Her lawyer was flabbergasted too and the whole room was in chaos and whispers after what he said.

"Silence!" The judge bellowed. He turned his attention to the man, "You had sworn an oath to be as truthful as you can be before you made any testimonies. Now your words are completely different—"

"Please have mercy on me! I was just a tool! I had no control." The man continued to utter words without stopping. It was like his conscience was telling him to talk more and more because it would lead to leniency.

The judge didn't know how to proceed. After the cross-examination, there would be another closing argument. However, it seems like the case to be "summed up" was completely different that it began to be. He turned his attention to Ling Qiu, "Any words?" Whether he was speaking to the lawyer or to Ling Qiu herself, was unclear. One thing for sure was that he was already beginning to formulate who was to be deemed guilty in his head.

She gulped and stayed silent. The lawyer tried to excuse it as madness, but the man was already pulling out the piece of paper that he kept with him. It was odd that he would have it with him at this exact moment, but as everyone was too absorbed to notice it. Indeed, it stated everything the man had said. Along with the phone call that had their conversation was pulled and they listened. It was exactly the situation the man was explaining.