Chapter Forty-Three

{to win is to loose}

"HURRY!" Hoseok shout, leading Jimin and Jungkook down the narrow corridors of the science facility. Their feet pounded heavily against the polished concrete flooring and Jungkook couldn't help but feel guilty for allowing the group of scientists to head inside unarmed. 

Orange hair falling messily over his forehead Hoseok almost stopped breathing all together as a blood curdling scream bounced through the walls of the corridor. It was Taehyung's voice. Fall of both anger and plea as it reached the ears of the squad. 

"Fuck!" Jungkook cursed as he began to run faster, breathing becoming increasingly shorter and more ragged with every leap he took forwards. 

Reaching the end of the narrow corridor, the light came into view. With a hand resting firmly against the gun slipped into his pocket Hoseok was the first to round the corner. 

And everything froze in time. 

Breathing hitching in his parched throat the world seemingly turned into a blur as Hoseok's eyes cast themselves over the gruesome sight before him. The sound was a blur, the taste, the smell. Everything was just gone the moment Hoseok's chocolate orbs landed on his lover, a clicker clawing at her skin as it's teeth bit into her soft and delicate neck. 

Rage built up like deep water currents. He had come so far - so far - and yet here he was, watching Daisy's life being pulled out from underneath him. That's when his anger came, unleashed without thought of consequence as he ripped his gun from his side, aiming it towards the corpse before him. His burning eyes laced with fury and rage locked on the creature as he pulled the trigger, the bullet leaving the chamber and lodging itself directly in the clickers skull. The squad watched on, frozen as the corpse fell to the floor revealing Daisies broken form underneath. 

Hoseok paused for a mere second, trying to hold back the strange feelings rumbling inside him, but he couldn't. A lone tear traced down his cheek, and just like that, the floodgates opened. So many tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down his heated skin. His chin trembled as if he were a small child. Tripping over his own feet Hoseok stumbled towards Daisy, taking her lifeless body gently into his arms as if she were a delicate flower that could break at any given time. Her lidded eyes were open, full of tears as her breathing began to weaken. Blood was spilling from her side, flourishing against Hoseok's hoodie as his eyes flickered helplessly to the deep bite against her neck. 

"I need the vaccine!" Hoseok called in absolute desperation, "Someone give me the fucking vaccine!" he cried. 

From behind him, Jimin's tears began to spill. Covering his face with his hand he shook his head in denial. "I'm sorry Hoseok..." the blonde spoke, choking on his last words, "It's too late, t-there's too much blood."

Hoseok breathed heavier than he'd ever breathed before. He was gasping for air that simply wasn't there. His throat burned forming a silent scream. Is this what loosing someone felt like? A part of himself dying inside? 

"Hobi..." Daisy croaked out, voice almost a whisper against her throat so dry. "look at me." she breathed. Hoseok wrapped his arms comfortingly around her form, laying her body in his lap as he rocked her back and forth. He turned his gaze to her, sweeping away the stray strands of curly chestnut hair he'd grown to love so much. Her eyes were the hue of new spring growth, bright and soft all at once. There were flecks of strength, the kind of green that came only as summer advanced. And they were never more beautiful than when she cried, when her gentleness flowed over her cheeks. "Everything's gonna be okay." she smiled weakly through her now pale and chapped lips. 

So in one last goodbye, Hoseok leaned in and placed his lips against hers. He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She placed a hand against his face, running her fingers through his hair one final time before her hold weakened and her arm dropped limply by her side. 

And a final breath left her lips. 

To Hoseok, the world had completely stopped as his eyes cast over her lifeless figure. Numb, he couldn't feel anything around himself, the shock completely taking over as he sat paralysed in fear. 

Then, before anyone could even begin to register what had just happened, Hoseok leapt to his feet clenching his fist by side before launching himself at Taehyung. Grabbing the male's lab coat in his hold, Hoseok's fist collided with Taehyung's cheek, sending the male stumbling into the wall behind him. Taehyung had never seen the bright male so mad as he re-took his firm hold on Taehyung's coat, pulling the male in and raising his fist once again. 

But this time he paused, realisation hitting him before his expression softened and he slowly fell to his knees. The squad watched on as Hoseok collapsed to the floor, bending over as he scrunched his hair in-between his fingers. Tears began to pool in his eyes before the room was filled by the sound of the most hysterical crying, the screaming sobs only interrupted by the male's need to draw breath. It was a primal sound, one a person could not ignore. 

They had won, made it to where they wanted to be. 

But Hoseok, he had just lost. 

Lost the most important person in his life, 

"Daisy."

-----------------------------

{Author Note}

You don't know how conflicted I was in writing the past two chapters. It took all of my courage to write this seeing as I had grown to love Daisy's character so god damn much. I had planned this to happen for a while now, I almost couldn't go through with it. But it was something that had to be done in order for something else to take place in book 2. 

A short chapter for Daisy. Final chapter and book 2 out tomorrow 

If you have any questions you want answered about the story comment here: 

Also, my new BTS Group fan fiction is coming out! Add the book to your library to be notified on the chapter releases!

Here is the trailer:

(unedited)