Chapter 13 - Mark

TW: harassment

He hadn't spoke nearly an entire minute. I knew he was mad. I knew he was pissed off. I had tried my hardest to give the news to him slowly and softly to make him less mad. I don't think it worked.

Finally he looked up at me and took a deep breath.

"So...he tells you he has a crush on you. You're super nice about it. You say you're gonna tell me cuz that's the honest and best thing to do, and then he stops being friends with you like the fucking dickhead he is? He thinks it's ok to go ahead and hurt you like that, to guilt trip you and make you feel bad?" I gritted my teeth and looked around the room anxiously.

"Basically..." He nodded and then stood up, putting his head in his hands.

"Would you have stopped me being friends with him?" He looked at me. He was stood behind the sofa, so I had to turn my body around to see hum.

"I would have made it very clear to both of you how I'm not ok with him having those feelings. But I would have let you stay friends. You have...well, had...a really strong bond. I wouldn't have wanted to make you break that bond. But now Mark has been an absolute prick and did that. So honestly babe, I don't think you should care that much about it. If he was a true friend he would have seen past what you said and remained friends with you." I nodded, realising that Felix was right. But that didn't stop me from missing my bestest friend.

Time skip to 1 month later

"Felix, we've gotta go!" We were meant to leave 10 minutes ago to get to Ken's house. We would probably be the last people to arrive. I was constantly checking the time on my phone impatiently, tapping my foot on the floor, car keys in my other hand.

"Felix, I swear to fucking god." I hated being late to things. I was a very punctual person: I always made sure I was early or on time. Whenever I was late to events, I'd hate myself afterwards. Even more than I already did.

"I'm coming, calm your tits!" I rolled my eyes as I saw him walk down the stairs. When he reached the bottom he grabbed his jacket and put on his shoes.

"You're lucky you're a hot piece of ass. Or else I would have killed you for taking so long." He raised and eyebrow and winked at me.

"It takes a while to get these drop dead gorgeous looks."

"Trust me, you really don't have to try." We smiled at eachother and then left the house, me near enough running to the car. I got in the drivers seat quickly, Felix getting in the passengers side. We buckled up our seatbelts and soon enough we were on our way.

It took about 15 minutes to get there. When we did finally reach our destination, we parked the car a little walk away from Ken's house, since there were already so many cars parked at his place. Felix got the presents out of the truck that we had put in there the day before because we knew we would forget them on the actual day.

We rushed up to the house, my cheeks red with embarrassment because of how late we were. Felix knocked on the door. As we waited for somebody (preferably Ken) to open the door, a thought popped into my head that I hadn't thought about beforehand.

"Shit...I forgot Mark's here." I said, grabbing Felix's attention.

"It'll be ok. Just don't look at him, don't talk to him, don't go near him, and you should be fine."

"Yeah, if you don't drink yourself half blind and start a fucking fight with him." He opened his mouth to respond but then the door swung open and behind it was stood Ken. We hadn't seen him in a while, so we were excited to meet him again.