Chapter 2: Welcome home, (Y/N).

(Y/N) POV

Walking up, I don't open my eyes for a little bit. But then I feel something on my wrists. Something hard, Something small, and something metal. Immediately I sit up from my bed...Wait, bed? Looking down to my hands, it appears that I'm handcuffed and in some sort of...apartment. A nice looking one at that. God...what the hell happened last night?!

Looking back, I try to remember, but I'm still not quite awake. I was about to rub my eyes, but then I remembered that I have handcuffs on, which are kinda uncomfortable. Thankfully, I've almost mastered my smoke abilities, so I am able to smoke dash out of them. The sudden movement forced my body to wake up, and my mind soon followed. So...what happened?

——————————
Flashback time, mi amigos and amigas.
——————————

Flashback (Y/N) POV, ??? Hours earlier

Leaping from rooftop to rooftop, I go about my usual patrol route, when I see 3 people: 1 terrified looking girl, and 2 men in masks. Moving to a closer roof and Lining up a smoke shot, I manage to shoot one of the men in the head, knocking him out. I think. Turning into smoke, I jump down into the alley as the man panics and tries to figure out what just hit his buddy, grab him by the shoulders, spin around him and slam his face onto my knee, knocking him out cold.

(Y/N): "That's a broken nose for sure."

Looking back at the girl, seems that she was about to be raped. Her shirts torn open. Taking off my hoodie, I drape it over her shoulders to cover her up.

(Y/N): Here. Put this on.

???: "T-Thank you..."

I look away until I hear the zipper, and turning back, I get a good look at her. She seems kinda plain looking, having longish brown hair, big eyes, what seems like permanent blush on her cheeks, and little pads on her hands.

(Y/N): "You uh...you alright?"

???: "yes. Thank you for saving me. My name is Ururaka Ochaco."

(Y/N): "I'm...uh... (Y/N) Rowe."

Ochaco: "(Y/N) Rowe?"

Why did I tell her my real name?!

(Y/N): "I'm not originally from japan. I've just...lived here a long time."

Ochaco: "Oh I see..."

We just sorta stood there in silence for a while, then I decided to break the silence.

(Y/N): "So...We should probably leave. I hate looking at these kinds of guys."

Ochaco: "Yes, you're right."

We then left the scene. Looking over to Ururaka, She seemed restless. That's to be expected from what she just experienced. I try to strike up a conversation to take her mind off it, even if just for a moment.

(Y/N): "So... you have pads on your fingertips. Why is that?"

Ochaco: "Oh! That's my quirk. I can make things float if I touch them."

(Y/N): "Neat. Sounds useful for construction if you want a normal job, or clearing rubble and throwing criminals into space if you're going for hero work."

Ochaco: "Actually, I'm prepping for the U.A. Entrance exam that's in a few months. My parents told me to follow my dreams, so here I am. You should take it, Too!"

So that's what U.A. Is. A hero training school...

(Y/N): "I don't know. I'm already doing vigilante work, so being a hero..."