31| The Unspoken Feelings

——————————————————Ryder felt a ripping in his chest, maybe it was his heart strings snapping in half as his heart fell in two pieces into his stomach

——————————————————
Ryder felt a ripping in his chest, maybe it was his heart strings snapping in half as his heart fell in two pieces into his stomach.

He couldn't describe this feeling. He wasn't angry, his heart was playing catch up. He felt short of breath and gutted.

And a terrible...terrible ache was throbbing hard in his chest.

He leaned against the wall as he walked outside the cabin. He looked up and winced willing that ache to go away.

His body felt like icd but the tears that threatened to come up burned like a hell fire.

What the fuck we this?

He pushed off the wall and started walking to his cabin. He looked down at his footsteps that he couldn't feel. Everything around him was silent...all he was left with was the image of Cole and Kat kissing.

Then the anger bubbled up.

His face set into a glare and he slammed his fist into a tree. Pain seared up his knuckles as they started to bleed, but it really wasn't anything compared to the pain in his heart.

He felt sick, dizzy, and the overwhelming urge to throw up.

"Hey." Ryder looked up saw Lauren, "are you okay?"

"Kat kissed Cole..." Ryder mumbled sadly and he saw something malicious flash in her eyes as she smiled and nodded.

I'm imagining things. He thought

"Oh you didn't know that? The two of them have been messing around for a while now. Actually...Kats been with a couple guys...yeah me and her are super, close she tells me everything." She giggled and waved him off. "Anyways I'm off! Bye Ryder! Need anything don't be a stranger." She winked and walked off.

A bullet was shot through his heart and it lit a fire of anger in his stomach.

He winced.

Then he settled and a wave of sadness crashed over him and threatened to send him into the depths.

He panted and his shoulders sagged with the weight of the world.

He leaned his shoulder against the tree and let his head fall. His eyes void with a dull empty look of sadness as he scolded himself for thinking she actually cared about him.

But was she really to blame?

He never told her how he felt, never told her how fast his heart raced around her or how his skin yearned to touch hers.

Her smirks and laughs where intoxicating. They filled him up and made his cold dark world a little bit warmer.

He made it seem like all this was sex to him, it was supposed to be just sex.