Chapter 42

I smile at the young man in fronts of us. He had a charming personality with with twin dimples and gentlemen etiquette. His cheeks tint and I gush.

"I'm sure with you, Park Enterprises is in safe hands." Cecelia  glares at me, her chipped nails polish could tell me her state of being. Well, Karma is a bitch.

"I feel honoured to have your trust in me." I smile at Drew Smith,Park Enterprises newly appointed Chief Executive Officer.

"Excuse me." I look around the room to find dad merrily cheering with his friends. He was having champagne and Terrence stood by his side. They all were having a good time.

I approach them silently. Cecelia's envy was growing to become poison. Terrence meets my eye and I immediately avert my eyes.

"Dad."

"Nevaeh, I was just talking about you." I smile at few foreign investors.

"If you don't mind gentlemen can I please borrow my dad?"

"Of course young lady, the old man is growing weary of us already."  They laugh and I tuck my dad's hand who looked happy.

He looked like my dream.

I couldn't believe that dad was here..smiling..enjoying and accepting. He detested Terrence What made him change his mind?

"Slow down child, my wrinkled legs can't keep up with yours."

I look behind and find Terrence giving me a stoic glare. As usual. Reaching the balcony railing on Rodriguez's &Firms 40 floor I huff a breath.

"Dad! What's all this? The last time I checked..you were barley interested in speaking to me." He looks away his eyes like mine glittered with moisture.

"Truth child. Life and truth. Nevaeh, my beautiful..sweet daughter thank you for everything. You are a gift to me and your mother." His hands hold mine and he kisses it.

And I instantly understand that he knows about Summer.

"you know Summer.."

"Don't..please..I don't want to talk about it. Whatever happened was a mess but now..I think we can make it alright. We have to."

"Dad! I.." I jump on him and engulf him. My face crushed against his warm chest. Tears rolled down my cheek uncontrollably. Few hours back when Dad walked in the meeting..I was in a state of shock. After Terrence apologised shocking everyone Terrence wrapped up the meeting and announced a gathering. Dad had nothing else to say to him.

"Messed up child. Everything was completely messed up. You signing a fictional deal, Summer falling prey to Mr.Rodriguez's scheme. Me lying on that helpless bed. Just very freaking thing became a joke."

"I didn't want to do it Dad but when all doors are closed you just have to find a way out."

"I completely understand you child..and I want you to know that Summer is not entirely responsible. She is immature too and I cannot fathom the trauma she went through. No one is to be blamed and I'm extremely ashamed of my behaviour against you."

"You have nothing to apologise for dad. You did your very best. I will forever be thankful for you..you have given me the best education. Taught me, loved me and sheltered me. I cannot express my gratitude enough."

He stares at me with a glint of pride and wipes my tears. Lovingly pats my head.

"Shh child. No more crying." I nod and wipe the stains. We both silently stare at the glowing city. Lost in deep thoughts.

"Dad about Terrence, I just want to know what you think. I promise whatever your decision is regarding our union, I will try to accept it." His hands slip into his pocket and a somber look rests on his face.