【七十一】 sticking together ‣ renjun

rain was starting to softly fall as nct dream made their way out of the venue and to the vans right outside

rain was starting to softly fall as nct dream made their way out of the venue and to the vans right outside. dayoung was right in front of renjun, watching the other boys climb into their seats.

"dayoung, hurry up," one of their managers urged.

"there's only one seat.."

"yes, and that seat is for you, so come on."

dayoung looked away from the woman and back at renjun. "you take the seat."

he only shook his head and sent her a faint smile. "i'll go in the other car," he told her.

the manager let out a frustrated sigh and said, "dayoung, i won't tell you again."

"renjun should take it. i'll go home alone," the younger replied.

"too late. find a way home on your own."

the woman rolled her eyes and ended up taking the last seat. without another word, the door slid close, muffling the other members' objections.

the rain began to get heavier, and dayoung grabbed renjun's hand, leading him under the building as a temporary shelter.

"why didn't you go?" renjun asked, looking at her through his wet hair.

"it's unfair if only six of us can ride home together while the last one has to go home alone."

she proceeded to take off the hoodie (that was slightly too big for her), revealing a black shirt underneath. she held it out to him since he was wearing a thin, white one.

"keep it—"

"put it on," dayoung interrupted. "i'll call another manager and try to get us a way home."

renjun hesitantly took it from her and slipped it over his head. he pulled dayoung into a hug while she dialed a staff member in an attempt to keep the both of them warm.

the roof of the building wasn't much help since they were almost drenched by now.

"one of the managers said that renjun and i have to travel alone, but we're not sure where the other van is," he listened to her speak, resting his cheek on the top of her head.

"we're fine, just stuck in the rain.. okay, thank you."

she ended the call, put her phone back in her pocket, and wrapped her arms around renjun's torso.

"you're an angel, yin."

"i'm no more of an angel than you are. we're in this together, even if it means getting stuck in the rain because some of our managers suck."

renjun softly chuckled and held her tighter. "it'll get better eventually."

"i hope so."

終。
a messy and shitty blurb but i just really wanted to write about renjun because i <3 him and wish the best for all of nct ):