024

It was the day before the wedding that Dash had invited me to and the two of us were sitting in the front seat of a car he rented while his aunt Shanice and cousin Quinn were in the back seat.

"Ugh!" Quinn groaned as she flung her arm up. "How do you keep beating me!"

"Haha!" I turned around and stuck my tongue out at the little girl. The two of us have been on a continuous game of iMessage pool since we left the Bronx.

I gave Dash a quick glance as I turned back around in my seat, he's been acting weird ever since I brought up the whole pregnancy thing and it was a complete accident. It was more out of excitement on how things were going for the two of us.

When he came to pick me up his, "Hello" was brief and even his kiss seemed a bit awkward and off.

I was usually able to just call or see Brianna and Ebony to talk things out or at least get things off my chest but since I was in the car with him and his family, I had to text my ladies.

I knew if anyone could bring me out of this weird emotional rut it would be them.

I stifled a laugh as I looked down at the messages between the three of us

I stifled a laugh as I looked down at the messages between the three of us. Brianna and Ebony began bantering back and forth on the issues of me continuing to let Dash hit it raw. Weirdly though that was enough to catch his attention causing him to take his eyes off the road for a moment.

"What's funny?" He asks with a raised eyebrow.

Apart of me wanted to be petty and spiteful as he finally paid me the first bit of attention since I got in the car but as I looked at his soft expression it all washed away.

"Nothing..." it was all I could say without giving him an attitude.

I get why he's acting this way, what I said was a mistake but why not talk to me about it ? Instead of becoming so distant.

"You're smiling real ha-"

"Hey! Quinn! You ready for game number 7?" I asked cutting Dash off and hopefully enough for him to go back to driving in silence.

"Oh yeah!" Quinn giggles. "Your butt is mine!"

Another 20 minutes passed during our car ride and Dash decided to pull off to a highway gas station allowing Shanice and Quinn to use the bathroom.

"Come on baby." Shanice held her hand out to her daughter as the two of them walked across the busy gas station lot in to the store.

The only thing that could be heard in the car was the sound of Cardi B's Press being played lightly on the stereo system. Dash was scrolling on his phone for a moment before he placed it down on the middle console.

"You want something?" He asks, finally breaking the silence between the two of us. "I can get you some chips or a sandwich?"

This seemed like the perfect moment for me to talk about whatever was getting him to act so off. It probably wasn't the best place though, especially if it turns in to an argument it would make the ride a lot more awkward than it already is.