17 | The Wasted

A/N: Hey, everyone! Just wanted to say thank you for sticking around on this book, I know updates aren't as consistent but it's always fun to return back to this book. I love this series and these wonderful characters in the galaxy far, far away. Not sure exactly on how long I'll continue this story (don't worry, not planning on stopping any time soon), but I just can't wait to see what's in-store down the road. Dakota is fun to write and I have big plans, so I hope you enjoy this chapter and rest that are to come!

💫

The red sirens blared in chaos throughout the unground laboratory, it's noise piercing the ears of all who heard. That was not a good sign to say the least. One of the viruses was in the hands of a rogue droid and it was attempting to get away from the Republic forces. Dakota set the empty bomb back down on the rack and turned to speak to Ahsoka, but the Padawan was gone from her previous spot. Her green eyes looked around the red tinted room in confusion before asking Fives "Fives, where's Commander Tano?"

"She went out to survey the area" he enlightened respectfully, holding his gun close to his chest. Dakota pressed her lips into a thin line, giving a sharp sigh. The Padawan had taken a few clone soldiers along with her as well.

"Now why did she-? Ugh! Doesn't matter. I need to go get her" Dakota pinched her nose in frustration, making her way to the doors of the bomb room "Senator" she spoke to Padmé who looked up from what she was doing "Get those protective suits on" she pointed to the suits hanging on the side wall "you and Representative Binks, do it now. I know an accident is bound to happen sooner or later. Captain Rex" she looked to her Captain next, he stood up straighter "You and Fives, come with me. Keep your helmets on, no matter what" she tapped the lock of the door and opened it, stepping out into the hallway "Get in contact with General Skywalker, inform him on what's going on" she added over her shoulder to Padmé.

"Master Ky, there is a safe room at the east end of the facility" the Senator informed swiftly, already pulling the yellow radioactive suits down from their hangers "it's built to keep out the toxins of the virus, if we can make a run for it, then we may have a chance to survive"

Dakota pulled up a holographic map of the laboratory on her wrist link. It displayed their current location in red, and the safe room with a green dot. After a few more clicks to the link, the directional route to the safe room formed in yellow "Then we meet there" Dakota nodded, sending the hologram map to her Troopers and the Senator. A pitiful expression crossed her face when she saw Representative Binks in the corner of the room "and help him" she pointed in aggravation towards Jar Jar who was fumbling around with his suit as he attempted to put it on.

Rex and Fives followed the Jedi General out of the room and down the hallway. The sirens were still raging in full force all around them "Ahsoka, come in, where are you?" Dakota asked into her comm as she ran. They swerved down another hallway, passing by a few tightly closed rooms. Her fellow Jedi was nowhere to be seen. She was met with static on the line "Ahsoka-" she was cut off by an explosion that resulted in the whole facility rumbling. The trio slowed to a stop, spinning on their feet to turn around and face the way that they came "I have a bad feeling about this" she mumbled.

"The droid must have set off a bomb" Rex concluded, his voice hard "We need to get to the safe room"

"Ahsoka!" She said again into the comm.

"Yes?" She replied. Dakota spun at the sound of her young voice. She was jogging up the other hallway, lightsaber in hand and confusion present on her face "Master?"