Sixteen

"Tae honey, have you packed your things?"

The blonde lifted his head up from what he was doing, smiling a little to his mother.

"Yes Mom. I'm all set." He checked his things one more time, making sure he has enough clothes to last a week.

It's been three weeks since his grandma Luella's burial and the Kim's have already returned to their normal lives in the city.

Well, except Taehyung.

For the past weeks, his mind is only focusing on one thing.

Finding him.

His eyes landed on the blue notebook on his bag, hidden under his clothes and other things.

Taehyung has read everything, even though the contents are not for him. He realized that it was his grandma's dying message for the man Tae badly needs to find. He has to deliver the message for his grandma's sake.

"Where are you staying with Bogum again?"

Taehyung pretended to be busy checking his things, back facing his mother.

"In his Uncle's house, Mom." Tae did not want to meet his mother's eyes, afraid that she'll see right through his lies.

The blonde bit his lower lip hard, not really wanting to lie to his mother. However, he doesn't have any other excuse to give, knowing fully well that she won't let him go if he'll say the truth.

The holiday break starts and Taehyung uses this opportunity to go back to his grandma's house, hoping to see him there.

He shamelessly asked slash bribed Bogum to ride on his lies, letting him convince his mother to allow him to have a "vacation" in his hometown.

Bogum agreed, well because he has something to gain in return. He wants Tae to give him a chance, probably date him as an exchange of his help which the blonde accepted, not really having a choice.

He needs a solid excuse for his parents, and Bogum, which they still thought to be his bestfriend, is the perfect alibi.

"Don't forget to call me when you get there, okay sweetie?"

Taehyung nodded his head, finally having the courage to look at his mom with a smile on his face.

"I'll be sure to do that, mom." He hugs her tight, still bothered by the fact that he's lying to her for the very first time. He mentally promised that this is the last time he'll ever lie to her again.

"I love you." He whispers.

"I love you too."

----

"You sure about this Tae?"

The blonde nodded his head, quickly unfastening his seatbelt. His hand reaching at the back of the car for his things.

"Thanks Bogum hyung." He smiled, opening the door to go out.

"Hey." Bogum held his arm, eyes a bit hesitant and concerned for the blonde.

"I can stay with you here if you want." He suggested, staring deeply in his eyes.

Taehyung held the older's hand, removing it from his arm.

"I'm going to be fine, hyung. I just want to spend my time alone in her house. I miss her you know." He reassured, eventually going out of the car.

He bends down, looking by the window to say his goodbye.

"Be safe hyung.. And thank you."

Bogum just nodded his head. "Call me if you need anything."