|39|

"Jinwoo oppa... do you realize how shady that sounds?" Jisoo started, a frown already taking over her face. "You want me to help you make Jennie vulnerable? Then what? How does that benefit you? And if, I'm saying if because we know it's near impossible for that to happen, will you pay me after a job well done?"

Jinwoo leaned back and smiled in surprise. "I clearly did not have you peg as someone who wanted to be paid for a favor. But if that'll make you agree--"

"No."

"I'm sorry?"

"You might be thinking that because I like you, I'd help you with this but no. Your plan sucks by the sound of it." She said without holding back because the list of possibilities goes far and wide. The thought of this nice cousin highjacking Jennie's entire fortune became one of it too.

"Oh so you've heard my plan? Was it that obvious?" He took a sip from his glass and never dropped the smile. "And what do you think about it? Is it worth every dime?"

'Is he for real now? Do they all really think the same?'

"I'm not staying with Jennie just for the money anymore." Jisoo took one breath in then out before she continued, "I thought you were different but I guess richer people see others as a gold digger, huh?"

"I didn't say I see you as gold digger, Jisoo. I only mean that I don't mind if there was some price included for you to help me." His eyebrows furrowed as if he was really bothered by Jisoo's words and the way his very own come off to her. "Sorry if my words ever implied that. I only want to get you on my side and lend me hand."

She crossed her arms and kept scrutinizing the man she thought she already knew through and through. "You didn't say exactly how I'll do that."

"Finally! You're willing to listen."

Jinwoo placed his glass on his bedside table, his stature looked so much at ease that his usual gentleman front seemed like an act. Jisoo was leaning towards that thinking, instead of the latter just being intoxicated. The young man rubbed his nape for a bit before he smiled widely at her.

"What now?"

"Now that I think about it... I don't want you to do anything."

He looked too innocent and still like that friendly neighborhoor boy that Jisoo was simply confused. "I can help you by doing nothing?"

"Not nothing, Jisoo. Just be your... you."

'He's not making sense now, is he?'

"Should I come back tomorrow when you're sober, oppa?"

Jinwoo chorted a laugh as the black haired girl was thinking this talk might not be that serious because of that. "I can assure you I can still see one Kim Jisoo in front of me. You're not doubled or quadruple--"

"Doesn't really defends your case."

"Okay! Fine! I'm a bit drunk. Not that drunk. I can handle my alcohol."

'That's what drunk people say.'

He raised his hands in surrender. He stood up then started walking slowly towards her. "If you must know... what I meant by earlier is simply doing what you do with Jennie and I'll be doing what I think I should be doing with you because it affects her the most."

The moment Kim Jinwoo got closer to her, smiling drunkenly, Jisoo had put up a stance. If he noticed that she was ready to attack him, he didn't let on. Or maybe he just wasn't aware because as soon as there was only two steps before he reached her... Jisoo kicked his shin, causing the latter to hold it immediately and hop while muttering some profanities.