~ 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝓮𝓮 ~

Chapter Three: October Thirty-First, Nineteen Eighty One

If Sirius Black thought the night that he found out that Marlene died was the worst night of his life he was surely wrong

On October 31st 1981 Sirius woke with with what felt like a deep pit in his stomach, he looked to Marlene's side of the bed where Lina had been sleeping since her mother died and smiled briefly whatever was wrong it was probably nothing. But as Sirius made Lina her breakfast the feeling didn't dissipate, he plastered a smile on for her though and gave her, her pancakes and a glass of milk. While she ate he snuck away to his office where the fireplace he used to communicate with those closest to him resisted.

He knew the only way to get rid of the feeling ultimately was to go see Peter and make sure he was holding up under the pressure of being Secret Keeper and that no one had got to him.

Sirius was quick to call Andromeda and after careful negotiations, she agreed to take Lina for the day. Sirius quickly got Lina dressed now not only feeling like something was wrong but also tremendous guilt for leaving Lina. The two hadn't been apart in the three months since Marlene died, Sirius even went as far as informing Mad-Eye he wouldn't be going on any more order missions, something he didn't regret in the slightest.

Sirius dressed Lina in her Halloween costume, this year a fluffy bumblebee onesie complete with a small black tail and a headband with ears, something Marlene and Lily had made together five months ago and packed a small bag full of snacks, spare clothes and her favourite teddy bear.

"Where we going?" Lina asked looking up at Sirius as he found her shoes and jacket in their home hallway.

"You're going to spend the day with Andromeda, Ted and Nyphadora. That'll be fun won't it?" Sirius asked faking enthusiasm, it would not be fun, not for either of them.

"Don't wanna" Lina replied shaking her head and pouting her lips, an action even at her young age she knew she could do and get whatever she wanted.

"Star" Sirius sighed crouching down ignoring the hunt for her left shoe "I promise it won't be for long, daddy's just got to do something."

"Do what?"

"Go see Uncle Peter and make sure he's okay."

"I wanna come with."

Sirius bowed his head slightly, he'd take her in a heartbeat if he could one hundred per cent guarantee her safety but he couldn't and that was the problem. He looked back at his daughter and placed his hand on the top of her head giving her hair a little ruffle "Andromeda said she's going to make cookies with you today, you need to make one for me okay."

"Can we take one to mamma?" Lina asked hopefully sitting up straighter.

"Course we can Star."

"And Uncle Remus, and uncle Peter, and uncle Jamesy, and my Lily."