fun (after reading) facts

FUN FACTS + PLAYLIST + "TRAILER"

I thought this would be fun because there were some things that I wanted to write about or make more obvious, but I didn't think it fit within it or it dragged out the story. And some things just happened outside Raleigh's POV so you'd never really know about it (specifically in Endgame). If you haven't finished the story yet, please do so before reading this as there are countless spoilers!

RANDOM FACTS:

- At the very beginning, I was going to have Raleigh be a more serious and straight forward character, but after I wrote chapter one I knew I needed Raleigh to be a fun and sarcastic, but a still straight forward, character. I personally think he's one of the most realistic characters I've written.

- Raleigh was adopted by two different couples. They both died because of his power activating and exploding in an emotional situation. The first couple was only in their twenties: Mary and Ryan Kettler and he was adopted by them in 2001 (just a few months after he was found). They named him Raleigh Kettler. When they died in the explosion in 2003, Raleigh was put back in foster care and not too long after he was adopted by Octavia and William Ridley, who were in their early thirties. In 2012 (same day as Loki invading NY) they died in a similar explosion, due to Raleigh's emotions setting off his unknown ability.

              - Raleigh passed out during these explosions and remembers nothing about it.

- He would have been the God of Protection had Odin left him his title. Despite not having the title anymore, he still has strong urgencies to protect the ones he cares about. Which explains a lot of his actions and reactions to situations and events. (ex. how he reacted after Tony snapped, because that part of him knew someone he loved was dying; and how he pushed through the pain at the end of Homecoming to help Peter from Vulture).

- He also has a heightened intuition, which explains why he knew something was happening after Thanos and Tony snapped. It's a slow-growing thing, kind of like Peter's spidey-sense. I also should point out it's much different from Peter's sixth sense, since Raleigh doesn't detect danger coming at him, he only identifies if something feels weird or wrong in a situation or about someone.

- While he doesn't have super healing, he does heal at a slightly faster rate than humans and very-very rarely gets illnesses. He is able to handle more extreme attacks somewhat better than normal people because of his link to Asgard, but the suit Tony gave him helps him more.

- I'm not sure how much of an influence Raleigh's mother, Snotra, will have to his story in the future. However, she's a 1/5 Vanir and 4/5 Asgardian. So that makes Raleigh 50% Frost Giant, 40% Asgardian, and 10% Vanir.

- Loki didn't like Snotra and called her crazy but she is a beautiful and brilliant woman nonetheless.

- Raleigh may never know why Snotra asked Odin to exile him from Asgard. I know why, yet I'm not sure whether I should spoil that, despite the fact that it may never come up. I'll just say that in an alternate reality/dimension (multiverse) his mother died during birth and so he remained on Asgard and the result of it isn't pretty. For anyone.

- Even though Heimdall knew about Raleigh's banishment, he wasn't given the job to watch over him and instead Odin had his Ravens keep an eye on him and report back to him about anything. (You see these ravens shortly in Thor: The Dark World).

- Trystan was a SHIELD agent (and part-medic) for many years until his daughter died. She was named Venessa Dagher and she was only six when she died in a car accident.