Chapter 21 | If I Win...

𝐀 𝐕 𝐀 𝐋 𝐎 𝐍 ' 𝐒   𝐏 𝐎 𝐕

"My brother and dad are driving me insane."

As soon as the group call with the girls connects, Sierra blurts out her troubles. Her stressed facial features come into view on my laptop that is sat on the bed. After eating breakfast with everyone, I came back to the room and catch up with the girls since there are no plans for today yet.

"Well, hello to you too, miss dramatic," Hannah scoffs, making us all laugh. "But drama is what I need right now, it's so boring here. All my relatives here are old...and I don't mean old and fun, I literally mean old, and they have no personality."

"How old are we talking?" Liv asks, knowing Hannah can exaggerate.

"Fifty."

Liv rolls her eyes and shakes her head. "Fifty isn't old Hannah."

"Well, it is to me. Man, how I wish I can stay young, pretty and not wrinkly forever."

"Anyway, my brother told me dad about me dating Aiden. They're both so protective, so they've been annoying me all Thanksgiving about him. They want to meet him and that's fine, but I know they're going to grill him and chase him away," Sierra sighs.

"What has Aiden said about all this?" I question, throwing my hair up into a neat bun to get it out of my face.

"He's fine with it. He wants to meet them, and he says they won't scare him off," Sierra explains, moving her hair away from her face.

"Aiden's a great guy, they won't find anything wrong with him and I believe it when he said they won't scare him off. Introduce him to your brother first. How's Thanksgiving, Liv?" I reassure Sierra.

"Great, Nick's family and my family have been doing this holiday together for years now. How's Noah's family?"

"His family is super nice and welcoming. Everyone came down yesterday and we watched fireworks afterwards. I'm glad he invited me, I'd just be stuck in the apartment right now eating takeaway and writing my journalism piece on my own," I explain, and they all laugh, agreeing with me.

Hannah smirks. "How are you and Noah?"

I roll my eyes at her idea that she still thinks Noah will confess his love for me while I'm here...her words, not mine. "We're fine. You girls think my life is some cliché love story or something."

"I wish. Your life isn't that interesting," Sierra smirks and my jaw drops. Before I can respond, a knock resonates on the bedroom door.

"Come in," I shout and the girls quiet down as the door opens and Sarah walks through the door holding Luna. "Hi Sarah."

"Hey sweetheart. I was coming to ask if you wanted to come shopping with Emery, Rose, Luna and me?"

I nod my head. "Yeah, that sounds great. I'll be down in a minute."

She nods before leaving and Hannah speaks up, "You're going shopping without me?" Hannah asks, offended and we all laugh. "At least buy me something cute."

"Uh, huh. Alright, I've got to go. I'll see you all in a few days," I smile before we end the call. Grabbing my bag with all the stuff I need for shopping. I head out of the room and see Noah coming out of his at the same time.

"Hey. Mom said you're going shopping? Great, they can tell embarrassing stories about me and I'm not there to stop them."

I laugh. "Aww poor you. Don't worry, I'll let you know the ones I know," I smirk and he rolls his eyes. "What are your plans for today?"