Chapter Twenty-Four: Like I'm Gonna Lose You

A/N: So, I considered waiting another day, but seeing as I have an entire complete chapter waiting after this, I figured why not post? Fair warning, things are intense in the beginning. 

When I stirred, I found myself in the backseat of a sports car. "What the fuck?" I mumbled tiredly.

In the front seat, Elena was passed out, and Stefan was driving. Too fast. Stefan was driving way too fast.

"No. No, no, no, no, no! No! Stefan! What are you doing? Stop it!" I shouted angrily, refraining myself from killing Stefan so that the car didn't crash.

The bastard laughed. "You like it? This was your idea, after all."

"You're fucking crazy! Stefan, stop the car! She won't forgive you for this! Stop the car!" I shouted angrily. Tears were racing down my cheeks.

Elena blinked awake in confusion. She saw my terrified face and that Stefan was driving. "What are you doing, Stefan?"

Elena's phone rang, and Stefan answered it, "Hello Damon, she's a little busy right now." He said with a fucking smirk.

I was surrounded by psychopaths. Great.

"I'm making my next move," Stefan answered whatever question Damon had asked, "Let me ask you something; what will Klaus do if he can't make any more hybrids?"

My face paled, and immediately I lunged for the gear shift, trying to force us into neutral and slow the car down. Instead, Stefan threw his elbow back and sent me flying back in my seat, my sternum definitely bruised.

"What!" Elena screamed in shock as she stared at Stefan, trying the door handle. It was locked.
Stefan rolled down his window and tossed Elena's phone. Which, by the way, is expensive. I would worry about that later, though. "What are you doing? Stefan, let me out of this car. Do you hear me? Let me out of the car!" Elena screamed.

"It's no use, Elena. He doesn't care about anything or anyone. Just revenge." I growled angrily. I briefly considered trying to kill Stefan and get control of the car. If it were just me, I would have, but I couldn't endanger my sister's life. No matter how angry I was with her, I couldn't let her die.

"So, what's the plan, Stefan? What's the big move you're making?" Elena asked spitefully. Both of us were trying to get out of this alive, neither coming up with anything.

The crazy vampire kept his eyes trained on the road. "I took Klaus's family to make him suffer. I'm not gonna let him make himself a new one."

"You're all insane!" I screamed, hitting Stefan but accomplishing nothing but an elbow to the face. Now my nose was broken. Again.

"So, what are you gonna do, huh? Are you gonna lock me in some cave and keep me hostage?" Elena hissed, staring out at the road.

I don't think she realized that the easiest way to ruin Klaus' plan was to kill her. But I did. I knew we would either die or become vampires very soon. "Maybe. Maybe, I'll just turn you into a vampire."

"Stop the car, Stefan!" My eyes slid shut, and I sat limply in the back. He wouldn't turn me to a vampire, he would want me dead so Klaus could never have me. Right now, I knew I was staring down a barrel of a gun with little to no hope of escape.

Stefan called someone, probably Klaus. I couldn't convince myself to care at the moment. "Stefan, how nice to hear your voice." I heard Klaus through the speakerphone. A soft sob left my lips.

"Tell your hybrids to get out of town, Klaus," Stefan demanded, I looked out the window, recognizing the road we were on.

We were heading for Wickery Bridge. Immediately, I moved, wrapping my arms around Elena, "Whatever happens, you have to live." I whispered to her softly. "I love you, Light, it'll be okay. Everything will be okay."