three

0 3.

Scott | Zayn.

•••

Maybe the universe was putting me through a test.

To see if I would fall for someone forbidden — for someone off-limits and to be quite frank, I was not doing very well at burying those feelings.

What made matter worse was that my lovely family decided to book us into a hotel because the destination was too far, and it was getting dark.

I hated when my family did this. Always making decisions without me, not caring about my consent and expect me to just tag along with them like a lost puppy.

My mother was getting married soon, and she wanted everything to be perfect. I mean, who doesn't want their wedding to be perfect?

I was in this big argument with her because my best friend couldn't come, but Jessica's stupid boyfriend could. Sense the unfairness in all this? I would light Scott on fire, and watch him burn. That's how much I despised him.

It angered me but then again, they never really considered my feelings anyway, so why was I making an effort to waste my energy on empty vessels? On my left, Scott was leaning against the door, he was completely nonchalant in all this argument displaying me his annoying grin everytime I complained about him.

"Okay, listen to me mom," I whined, rolling my eyes when I saw him smirking at me as I popped my head between the driver and passenger seat. "Jess could sleep on the bed and Scott on the couch. I think it's a brilliant idea," I explained my idea, and grinned. "That way I could have my space, and concentrate on not killing anyone."

As I said the last part, I made sure to glare at Scott, who in return just pouted at me. I rolled my eyes and refocused my attention on the persuasive task at hand.

Meridith sighed letting her elbow rest on the window, and leaned her cheek against her hand. "Zayn, you know the rules. I don't want them to be alone," she replied in a motherly voice. "You can spend time with Scott — get to know him a little. You're always in your room. A change of scenery would do you good."

"Now that's a brilliant idea," Scott chimed in, and I turned to glare at him. He wasn't being helpful right now. "I really don't mind. I love bonding time."

I rolled my eyes at him, and returned my gaze on the side of my mother's face. "I don't want to though," I complained, not really looking forward to it. "This is completely against my will. And besides, I'm sure they're already had sex like multiple times! In the house!"

Meredith gasped, and Jessica — my beloved sister — who had been sitting quietly in the passenger seat turned around to glare at me. "Hey! Don't involve my private life into your mess," she scolded, eyebrows furrowed and dark eyes sending daggers my way.

Meredith nodded her head, and clutched her right ear. "My ears are sensitive to all this information," she responded with a chuckle. "I don't want them to be int he same room. That's why Scott sleeps in the guest room."

"And what happens if you're at work?" I inquired, pursing my lips. "What do you think happens, huh? They're alone, mom. Connect the dots. This isn't rocket science."