sixteen

1 6.

•••

My hate for romance seemed to have vanished into thin air.

And just like that, all of my secured walls came crumbling down making me feel vulnerable, and exposed. It took me a long time to build them.

I was in deep hopes of being with Scott. Speaking of, he wasn't making it any easier for me to hate him. I was head over heels for this man.

We'd been walking non-stop, and my legs felt numb from walking too much. I wasn't as drunk anymore, my head just felt heavy. Bringing my hands up to rub my temples, I sighed.

I should've listened to Jason when he said I was going to fall in love someday, and that day might be today. Scott was oblivious to what he was doing to me, and the fact that he wasn't wearing a shirt just made me question my feelings even more.

After walking for almost twenty-four hours — I didn't even want to know how Johnny Walker felt — probably just exhausted as I was.

When I saw a puddle of clean water, I didn't waste time as I began to rinse my mouth, and splash my face. I felt relieved as I sighed. Scott just kept walking without looking back.

"I can't walk anymore!" I yelled out to him. "My muscles refused to cooperate!"

He didn't turn around as he lifted his right arm up. "Never give up!" he shouted. "Have some faith, Squirrel!"

I rolled my eyes. "Please give me a piggy back ride?"

Scott shook his head. "No can do, sorry!"

"Please?" I asked, and pouted even though he couldn't see me. "I asked nicely."

"No means no," he said to me. "Didn't you learn that?"

"Pretty please, Ryan?" I tempted the waters.

That caught his attention as he stopped in his strides. He turned around to look at me. He had an astonishing body, and a beautiful face that I wanted to punch so badly.

His hair was dishevelled as he tilted his head to the side. "You know I hate you, right?"

I couldn't help, but squeal in excitment when he turned around and bent down. With record breaking speed, I ran and climbed onto his back.

"Oh my God, yes!" I exclaimed excitedly wrapping my arms around his neck. "You know I love you, right?"

Of course I didn't mean it like that, or did I?

Scott stood up from his crouching, he wrapped his strong arms around my legs while I wrapped it around his waist, careful not to make contact with his family jewels.

"You should be careful with your words," he warned. "They carry more power than you think."

I rolled my eyes at his pun, but I had a strong feeling that he truly meant it. Resting my cheek against his soft skin, I sighed.

Running my hands through his hair as I played with his soft locks, deep in thought. Everything just took a turn for the worst when I realized I was in love. This was bad on so many levels. Will I allow myself to get hurt again?